transmission stopped working today in my tiburon!

no the trans is auto and its done its $1500-1750 to get it fixed. i have decided that i am going to take everything out of the car and buy something else. sucks cause all of the time and money i put into this car especially after just getting my dc5k and 4 abxfls in it and up and going. totally utterly sucks balls.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

anyone know a cheap and reliable car that i can get that will fit my current system into???

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

heres a pic of the car after it broke down had a long ass trail of fluid

IMAG3113_BURST002_zpsiw3coygm.jpg

anyone want a 97 tibi cheap?

I remember when I used to have a tiburon the transmission started acting weird and would go into drive real hard and would not accelerate more than 30 like you said. When I put it in manual mode it was stuck in 2nd. It ended up being some solenoids that were messed up and cost like 500 to fix. If your looking at another car just avoid anything else from hyundai or kia parts are really expensive and hard to find.

I'd try and find what failed. Look under it yourself.

One of my good friends had something very similar happen to him. Ended up an ancient rubber hose going to the transmission cooler popped and spewed fluid. Had to tow the truck home but it was an easy fix

Piece of advice, no matter what you do, do NOT cheap out on transmission repair. I had the transmission rebuilt in my Silverado by one of my dad's friends, and he didn't charge much, so he used cheap parts...needless to say not long after that, the torque converter failed. Took it and had it rebuilt by an actual mechanic with actual parts.

POTATO!

Going to see what they say tommrow. They said something about a used trans. Not sure if its warrantied or not. Part of me wants to keep the car cause all of the time and money into it and part of me doesn't. Just don't want to be stuck with an ho alt I can't use.

my chevy pickup was 1200 and only had 40k on it it had some rocker rust but was a very good running truck might not get the best mileage but thats the trade off i was more than happy with my purchase

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

You can always send the alt to the manufacturer to have a different front plate put on

Archived