Second Skin Audio

I need some advice

nickricciotti

If the subs call for 4 each, 8 total. There is more of a range than that I believe for the subs. I just built a box for them and I thought the range was from 2-4 cubic feet. 4 is the absolute maximum size box that Hifonics recommends. They will work in anything above 2 cubes per sub. The specs also heavily favor a sealed enclosure over ported.

Ported will be fine though, don't expect miracles from them. Every vehicle do you plan on putting these in?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If the subs call for 4 each, 8 total. There is more of a range than that I believe for the subs. I just built a box for them and I thought the range was from 2-4 cubic feet. 4 is the absolute maximum size box that Hifonics recommends. They will work in anything above 2 cubes per sub. The specs also heavily favor a sealed enclosure over ported.

Ported will be fine though, don't expect miracles from them. Every vehicle do you plan on putting these in?

there going in a 02 blazer, i have one now in a slot ported box at 3.2 cu ft and sounds good i just want 2 and i feel like 3.2 cu ft is choking it on the lows

Go with a box 6 cubes ported. Maybe even a little smaller. Those suckers will bottom out pretty quick in a box that is 8 cubes.

never thought of that. i think 6 or 6.5 would work. i havent delt into boxes very much. all i have ever bought were prefabs so i just want to make sure i get every thing right befor i make my own

Go with a box 6 cubes ported. Maybe even a little smaller. Those suckers will bottom out pretty quick in a box that is 8 cubes.

On rated power even a little above they won't bottom out at all at 4 cubes each, if you push a lot of power into one of those is more likely that you will cook it.

Local guy is running his off of Audiotechnix 800.1 and that's about where I'd keep them. Probably no more than 1000-1200 Watts. I know they are marked 600W RMS, but they are very light, 2.5" coil subs. 800 Watts moves them just fine. The box I built responds well from around 28Hz up into the 70s.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Local guy is running his off of Audiotechnix 800.1 and that's about where I'd keep them. Probably no more than 1000-1200 Watts. I know they are marked 600W RMS, but they are very light, 2.5" coil subs. 800 Watts moves them just fine. The box I built responds well from around 28Hz up into the 70s.

ya i got my one on a rockford p500.1bd and plan to run the 2 on it, should hanndle it just fine but i dident plan to go over 1000w, what did you set the tuning to to hit 28hz? i want it to hit around 30hz and like it

Archived