bmxscion Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 I have been contemplating doing a redesign of my sub enclosure to a ported design. I currently have about a 1 cu ft sealed box with a 12" Sundown SD-2 D4 sub. See build log for detailed pics. I am just playing around with some Sketch up designs. I am not an expert in using Sketch up so the drawing I have may not be perfect. With this design would my port length be 19"? I am new to Torres calculator and am kind of confused on how to input the dimensions. What would be a good frequency to tune this enclosure to? My setup is not for SPL, but I am looking to try and create a stronger smoother sub stage to keep up with my front stage while still being in as small of an area as possible. I want to keep the overall outside height as low as possible with being able to have the sub flush mounted 1.25" from the top but also having 1.5" for the allen bolts to mount the sub to the baffle. Look in my build log to how I did this with my current set up. If anyone wants to play along and help polish up this design and offer suggestions please do! Maybe a kerfed bottom right corner where the port is or any other details that will make this a sweet box to actually build....If I am missing any info please correct me and I will provide it. Build Log Here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161307-scion-xb-sundown-mechman-xs-power-rockford-fosgate-jbl-build-log/ You Tube Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/korndoggg31?feature=mhee
Krakin Posted January 28, 2014 Report Posted January 28, 2014 You follow the inside line for port length. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
bmxscion Posted January 28, 2014 Author Report Posted January 28, 2014 That's what I figured but I am still tossing this basic shape around. I am not 100% on building it but just fun to see if I can make my sub stage better without changing anything other than box type and aesthetics overall. I will probably move the amps in the back now to under the driver's seat if I go with a design similar to the one posted above. Build Log Here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161307-scion-xb-sundown-mechman-xs-power-rockford-fosgate-jbl-build-log/ You Tube Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/korndoggg31?feature=mhee
bmxscion Posted February 1, 2014 Author Report Posted February 1, 2014 Nobody else has any suggestions or design tweaks to add to this? Build Log Here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161307-scion-xb-sundown-mechman-xs-power-rockford-fosgate-jbl-build-log/ You Tube Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/korndoggg31?feature=mhee
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.