New Fi Audio System Build Pics!

Guest Nismofreak

You can do vinyl and have raised lettering or whatever in it, here are a few pics of my box as for an idea:

Posted Image

Posted Image

what did you use to raise it?

1/4 inch mdf?

see for me Vinyl is a nice thing, but im changing stuff to much i cant afford to Vinyl everythign i have in there

yea that is true, the vinyl cost double the price of the box itself to get done on mine. Also my box looks a bit goofy cause that top plate on the box. I was in a wreck and the 6x9 box's screws snapped and it slid across the top of the box scratching it to shit. So instead of revinyling the whole box I just got some 3/4" mdf and made a "beauty plate" coloring is a bit off but yea. That is a risk of vinyl. It's not easy to fix/replace.

You can do vinyl and have raised lettering or whatever in it, here are a few pics of my box as for an idea:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've done simlar vynil on mydoor pods.... is it really thin? or how do you do the raised letters!??? cause i would definitly do that! where do u buy it at?

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

I've done simlar vynil on mydoor pods.... is it really thin? or how do you do the raised letters!??? cause i would definitly do that! where do u buy it at?

I got the local shop to do that, I could ask them if you'd like. But yea large flat surfaces of vinyl are pretty gay. Deff an option of raised lettering, pictures whatever.

I did the raised up letter i printed it of the size i wanted each letter stuck them on some foam it was stuff i had in garage was used for under flooring insulation about 3 mil thick cut them out stuck them down on the box and suede over the top.

Posted Image

KICKER Livin' Loud

Today I finished up the main part of the box. We also did a thing to flush in the amps , but I ran out of carpet (best buy charcoal) and didn't wanna pay $11.99 for another when my roomate can get me employee discount on them when i get home. So i'll finish the amp rack thing and the speaker pods when i go home to mankato later this week.

I FINIALLY FIXED THE ALT WHINE!!!!! grounding the outer coaxial of the RCA to the cage of my deck did it!!! thanks amatt or whoever told me to do that! I've had my amazing infinity kappa comps for 6 months now and never heard a perfect sound till now!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Murphy's law here --- damn staples were too long and ruined my perfect port, oh well, i did my best to fix it, but after an hour i gave up - you can hardly notice it now in real life, but in the pictures it still looks bad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

oh yeah.... ---> i pretty much creamed myslef when i first heard intergalactic by beastie boys.....

Gain is only at half way (old setup had it almost 2/3), i'll let it break in for a few days, but it's already outwanging my L7 - and obviously i havn't taken it to it's limit yet at all. BAd news is i'm uncovering new rattles, but nothing major, ihave dynamat just about everywhere.

Archived