What Causes an Overboost Condition?

Any thing on the vids??

I was reading above and you don't even have to take the exhaust loose to check pressure. There is a tool with a gauge on it that all you have to do is take a o2 sensor out and check it there. Takes a few min to do... Unless the oxygen sensor is seized in.

I know, it was meant to read as two separate checks. Anyway they didn't want to do either one, just rely on the fuel trims from the scanner. Luckily, my service advisor is real cool and told them to drop the exhaust, which is when they found the crumbling catalysts.

so it was just the cats that were all effed up? thats all that was causing the lack in power?

It was causing the lack of power, bad fuel mileage, misfires on random cylinders, everything that was wrong was due to a clogged exhaust. The car runs so good now with the new ones on. Oh, and those who laugh about the fuel mileage thing, I never said it had good economy to begin with, but when it drops from 12mpg to 8mpg, you notice. Wanted to smack the shit out of the dude that laughed about that. Its called a symptom dipshit.

At any rate, the car is good to go, and won't be seeing that dealership any more except for oil changes. Gonna refrain from showing them the vids, wouldn't prove anything they don't already know.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I knew a clogged cat would cause those symptoms, I just had no idea it'd happen that quick, especially on a good tune. Definitely an issue in the design, IMHO.

I was wrong, I guess. It happened once before, I just don't like to admit it...

Anyways, good luck man, and my offer still stands if you ever need parts at whosale.

Archived