What Causes an Overboost Condition?

Ahh, didn't know you are in Cali.

Here's an old timers trick. When the cats are out, fill them up with salt water. About 10 day later, drive the piss out of it. Problem solved. And if you ever get checked, it just looks like corrosion.

Ahh, didn't know you are in Cali.

Here's an old timers trick. When the cats are out, fill them up with salt water. About 10 day later, drive the piss out of it. Problem solved. And if you ever get checked, it just looks like corrosion.

Hmmm, interesting.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I swear, there are no competent mechanics anymore. Took the car to the muffler guy who said he'd diagnose the cats. All he did was hook up his scan tool. I asked about loosening the connection at the header to bypass the cats and see if the problem goes away, he sends me to another shop that does superchargers "all the time."

Get to shop number two, tell the owner my setup and what its doing and ask if him about overboost. He has no fucking clue, I could tell by the way he just looked at me. He tells me to drop the car off friday morning and he'll have his tech look at it. Then he says it will take 2 to 3 hours at $90 an hour just to diagnose. No thanks.

Thinking about just going to Midas or Meineke. This shit is driving me insane.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Finally, a straight, to-the-point answer. Now I get to go fight Ford over the emissions warranty.

From Kenne Bell:

Over boost 95% of the time is due to something past the cylinders restricting the airflow (some restriction in the exhaust system), otherwise cam or head changes can affect the boost. Since you did neither of these, the only thing left is the exhaust system.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

What town in Cali are you in? I'm sure I can call in a favor, I know a lot of race mechanics out there.

Im in Temecula. I haven't found any reputable local shops, which is why mine is 60 miles away. Lets see what Ford says tomorrow, and go from there.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived