Second Skin Audio

Sealed and ported enclosure?

You can see from this thread that you alread have two conflicting opinions of what SQ is. Some say sealed, some say ported. It does not matter which you do, you just have to do the one you choose right. I'm pretty sure that Richard Clark had a sealed enclosure in his buick and smoked people at SQ. But there are a lot of guys who score very well in SQ with ported too.

Ok guys, thanks for the feedback i think i am going to try ported, is it best to have both chambers run into one port or keep them seperate?

"Sub-bass sounds are those approximately below 60 Hz and extending downward to include the lowest frequency humans can hear,

typically 20 Hz.

In this range, human hearing is not very sensitive, so sounds in this range tend to be felt more than heard"

Listen to me. & trust me. That's an unorthodox design. If you want sound quality, tune in the low 30s. You will still have increased output over a sealed enclosure. & it will save you a lot of trouble. But honestly if you went sealed that will provide the best sound quality and bandwidth of frequencies and will be the easiest enclosure to build. IMO ported is the best route to go. If tuned low it will act more like a sealed enclosure and give you increased output on top of that if made right. L ports will play nicely with those subs. If you have trouble with a design, there are many type r box builders on the forum that will be you a design for what your after.

There's no better route honestly on divided chambers or single chambers. If it were me, I would rather build a single chamber for both subs with one port. My reasoning on that is that it's a simpler design. Instead of building two ports and two chambers, your building one chamber and one port that's essentially going to do the same thing as two ports with separate chambers. The only edge that I can think of, and it may not even be true, that divided chambers each with their own ports will give you is more impact. Like I said, that may not be true. But there's experienced box builders on the forum that can clarify that.

Cool, you have been a massive help thanks, so... 2 alpine type R's in a ported box tuned at 34hz running on 1000wrms at 1ohm sound ok?

"Sub-bass sounds are those approximately below 60 Hz and extending downward to include the lowest frequency humans can hear,

typically 20 Hz.

In this range, human hearing is not very sensitive, so sounds in this range tend to be felt more than heard"

You can make a thread asking for a design, just give information on all of your equipment, your car, and maximum dimensions.

Or you can directly ask Joe X on here, I'm sure he would make a design for you.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Im going to do some measuring up later and some figuring out as i need to fit an additional battery in the boot (trunk in us terms lol)

typically 20 Hz.

Ok guys so... Can a slot port be just as good as a slot port? Tuning to 34hz on a 1.6cuFt box.

typically 20 Hz.

I mean a round port as good as a slot port? Lol

typically 20 Hz.

Archived