Alternator charging way too high

hey guys I have a interesting problem! The singer altanator that I put in the truck this weekened is charging a little high, it's a 340amp alty and this thing is a beast, so much so it's bad! I'm throwing my amps into protect mode and shutting off music! Not fun! I don't know what my kicker zx2500 or kicker zx650.4 protect at but there both being thrown into protect! I've seen as high as 16.4 spike real quick but usually I spike at 15.7 and then it goes back down to 14.9!! ( this happens when I hit the gas leaving from a dead stop) or just when ever I give the engine gas in general!

Is there a simple fix?

F150 99 pick up ext cab 4.6 engine!

Singer used a gmc module on the alty with a conversion wire adapter so I could plug it into my ford harness! The thing is..... My alty had three wires( one plug with two wire and a second plug with a single wire) the singer alty has no spot for a second plug just the two wire plug! Hope that made seence!

My Mechman did this exact issue.

I switched from their AVBM module (internal regulator) to an external regulator and it fixed it.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I have no idea how it's regulated I would assume its a internal regulator within the alty itself?

Crap I was hoping you wouldn't say an external regulator was needed! That's an extra $160

Is this going to fry the actual brain of the truck or any other electronics? I ask only because if the answer is yes I'm going to remove the singer alty and throw back in the stock one for now as to not damage anything!

something needs to be done about the regulation whether that means an external or not i dont know as long as the spikes arent sustained i dont think it would damage the computer

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Yeah I agree that it does need to be regulated! If that means dropping money on a external regulater than so be it!

I don't believe it is sustained because the amps do power back on after a couple seconds!

I just emailed singer! See what he recommends! He has great customer services so he should get back to me soon!

Which external regulator should I be looking at?

Also I wanted to add the big three is done but the alty is not grounded with zero gage but the alty is bolted to the engine block which is grounded with zero gage, and that ground is located 5inches away from from the alty!

Could that be a problem which is maybe complimented by the alty spiking

that second plug is the stators lead without it it will go full retard like you said when you press the gas it 16v that plug tell it I don't need power so it stays 14v or whatever because right now without it the alt thing the truck need power

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Hey justin thanks for calling my alty fully retarded, means a lot lol!!! Ok so how do I fix this? I mean singer used a gm case and module and doesn't allow for that stator lead to be connected! It's just hanging off to the side!

Does this mean that indeed I will need a external regulator to keep this alty in line?

Archived