Army National Guard.... Anyone here in it?

I have a person at my gym that is a 13 year member of the national guard and is also a recruiter for them. He told me there is a few Flight Medic jobs open and since im unemployed im seriously thinking about trying that out. I love to fly, and i love being an EMT, sooooooo... What is the national guard all about? He said basically its just a weekend job and fairly easy money, but the benifits are huge if you take advantage of em. I would love to further my education in my field and THEY PAY FOR IT, huge feature there. Talk to me peoples' , help me understand what im thinking about walking into.

**Please, no replies from people OTHER THEN WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT**

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I have been active since jan 95. i am no way a expert on the guard although i have worked with many of them. the guy i work with is in the guard (CPT) and also know the recruiting guy fairly well. if you want straight answers and no bs send me a pm. I'll put you in contact with some guys that can answer any questions.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Do you want to go to boot camp? If the answer is no its not for you. You still have to do boot camp ait and mos school etc. UNLESS it's a civilian agr spot I think they call them. I know the air guard does them

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have been active since jan 95. i am no way a expert on the guard although i have worked with many of them. the guy i work with is in the guard (CPT) and also know the recruiting guy fairly well. if you want straight answers and no bs send me a pm. I'll put you in contact with some guys that can answer any questions.

ok, can you post up the "straight up stuff" im confused a little here....

Do you want to go to boot camp? If the answer is no its not for you. You still have to do boot camp ait and mos school etc. UNLESS it's a civilian agr spot I think they call them. I know the air guard does them

Boot camp doesnt scare me.... Ive been thru a few Fire Fighter agility tests for a few departments and so im used to getting yelled at. Running, crawling, etc dont bother me. I need to get back on a career path, and this might be the only way to do it right now as i have 4756 apps in with every EMS and Fire Department within a 2hr drive from me and no bites yet.. so my best answer to your question nate is this ------> :unknw:

Many recruiters will tell you things you want to hear to get you in and sign. I am not sure about the flight stuff but from my understanding you have to be qulaified for the position. Not all jobs are just sign up and your good to go. With being a flight medic you may have to join the guard as a medic first and then get apporved for the training for the flight aspect of the job. i am not 100% though on that. i can tell you for basic/boot camp you will be at basic for 9 to 10 weeks ( i use to be a drill sergeant) and then AIT which for a medic i want to say is about four months. As far as the weekends go that is a little wrong. Most think its sat and sun and then two weeks out the year. Its really two weeks out the year and a lot of times its fri sat and sun and mon sometimes. Plus deployments on top of that will put out of the states for a year at a time give or take. I instruct the ROTC program at WCU in PA. If you need anything you can also contact me at my email: [email protected]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Many recruiters will tell you things you want to hear to get you in and sign. I am not sure about the flight stuff but from my understanding you have to be qulaified for the position. Not all jobs are just sign up and your good to go. With being a flight medic you may have to join the guard as a medic first and then get apporved for the training for the flight aspect of the job. i am not 100% though on that. i can tell you for basic/boot camp you will be at basic for 9 to 10 weeks ( i use to be a drill sergeant) and then AIT which for a medic i want to say is about four months. As far as the weekends go that is a little wrong. Most think its sat and sun and then two weeks out the year. Its really two weeks out the year and a lot of times its fri sat and sun and mon sometimes. Plus deployments on top of that will put out of the states for a year at a time give or take. I instruct the ROTC program at WCU in PA. If you need anything you can also contact me at my email: [email protected]

excellent reply, THANK YOU.... I will email you @ that given addy in due time, let me get all my ducks in a row.. Thanks

**edit** email sent

Archived