Second Skin Audio

i'm new, can somebody plz check this box design?

Don Fiesta

I would recommend the following shared port box on your dimensions:

pzzn.jpg

sbSUPU_zpsaf3115ad.jpg

damn man i like this box! i wanted to try a shared port myself bud i didnt know hox to put it in on torres, i mean for port with do i need to use the small port size or the big port size (shared port)?

and is it possible if i give you my mail adress to send me the sketchup file of this box? cause with sketch up i can convert the inches to cm / mm ...

thank you for the design! its great!

1 more question, why would you tune it to 32hz and not to 30Hz?

grtz!

I will convert it to metric units shortly, 32 Hz will let you listen everything down to the upper 20s and will play a bit louder, to maintain 3.8 cubes net and a lower tuning of 30Hz the box external dimensions would need to be larger than you have.

I will convert it to metric units shortly, 32 Hz will let you listen everything down to the upper 20s and will play a bit louder, to maintain 3.8 cubes net and a lower tuning of 30Hz the box external dimensions would need to be larger than you have.

oh okey, thank you for the information. learning every day ;p

thank you very much that you want to convert it to metric units!

are you going to post it here then or with email or in a message on this forum?

i know you are the best in this so i dont want to have comments on you bud im just telling you this in case you dont know; if you make the metric sketch, plz use 18mm /1.8cm woodthicknes? cause here in belgium we dont have 19mm.. (3/4" = 19mm..)

grtz!

The figure you see displayed is just an assembly guide, it's intended for you to see how to put together the parts in the cutsheet above it, if you would like a drawing on actual dimensions I can do it. Since I myself set dimensions to make the box in metric units it's still necessary for you to confirm those are suitable and the box will fit.

The figure you see displayed is just an assembly guide, it's intended for you to see how to put together the parts in the cutsheet above it, if you would like a drawing on actual dimensions I can do it. Since I myself set dimensions to make the box in metric units it's still necessary for you to confirm those are suitable and the box will fit.

oh okey, bud you didnt sent me the figure and the cutsheets in metric units jet, right?

i will check them and see if i can fit the box in my car..

i would love to have a drawing on actual dimensions, bud if thats to much work for you its no problem, then i would try to do it myself, bud it would be much easyer to me if i had a drawing..

grtz!

I modified the post where I had used english units, and it's now in metric units.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/182409-im-new-can-somebody-plz-check-this-box-design/#entry2707233

These are the dimensions I would like you to review, namely 57H x 87W x 38D these are all in centimeters, if you find those dimensions suitable I can the draw for you a custom sketch.

I modified the post where I had used english units, and it's now in metric units.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/182409-im-new-can-somebody-plz-check-this-box-design/#entry2707233

These are the dimensions I would like you to review, namely 57H x 87W x 38D these are all in centimeters, if you find those dimensions suitable I can the draw for you a custom sketch.

oh im sorry, i didnt saw that you modified the dimensions, sorry about that. i think i can suit that bud i'm gonna check that today and ill let you know if i can suit it.

thank you very much!

okey i measured it out and with some modifications to my trunk i can fit the box in, i can even fit a box with 96cm width..

so is it better to make a box then with 96cm with or stay with the 87cm width?

the depth need to stay the same and in height i can go 2 or 3 cm heigher, bud i dont think that gonna change much..

grtz!

Archived