n8ball2013 Posted February 13, 2014 Report Posted February 13, 2014 if you're putting it int he back seat don't half ass it. Wall it off. I'd imagine you can get away with a much smaller box for 2 18s than 6 12s but I'd have to look. That may be possible outside of the car I don't know. then once in you would need to trim it off. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Guest Posted February 13, 2014 Report Posted February 13, 2014 boxes sitting on the back seat will perform horribly
CleanSierra Posted February 13, 2014 Report Posted February 13, 2014 I agree, the box for 2 18s could potentially be built outside of the car, slid in, then you could do the trim and sealing off panels once the box was in the car. That might be a good idea. A couple of those 18s will need like 14ish cubes and then the port displacement, so it will be a big box, but still might squeak through the door opening. Get some measurements, width, height depth, one of us can do a quick design for the18s, maybe you could make a cardboard dummy box and see if it fits through the door? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 13, 2014 Report Posted February 13, 2014 Why would you go through all that work for the entry level subs? I'm not trying to jump on you, I'm just curious. Also why did you get the e-series?
CleanSierra Posted February 13, 2014 Report Posted February 13, 2014 boxes sitting on the back seat will perform horribly I'm thinking he could make a platform, anchor his box and then trim to seal it off like a wall. That way, if possible, part could be built outside of the car and the rest inside. I don't know his dimensions, I know it will be a heavy bitch to get into the car and wrestle around, if it can be partially built outside at ALL. A 12-14 cubic box will be a two guy lifting project, the way it will have to be manipulated into the cabin. Like I said, that's even if it can be done that way. Without measurements, who knows. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
evermaxx Posted February 13, 2014 Report Posted February 13, 2014 Either down size and do a trunk build or wall it off with the idea you had for 2 18s. & yeah some people may be dicks around here but they are helpful. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
Blake Farrar Posted February 14, 2014 Author Report Posted February 14, 2014 boxes sitting on the back seat will perform horribly lol im not going to put them on the back seats ill remove them and build a floor wall to support the box
Blake Farrar Posted February 14, 2014 Author Report Posted February 14, 2014 Why would you go through all that work for the entry level subs? I'm not trying to jump on you, I'm just curious. Also why did you get the e-series? the e seriers are amazing i have 2 on 1100 watts and there pretty good i just thought 6 would be crazy but after hearing everyone i think 2 x18s would be a better bet and handle them lows better haha
Blake Farrar Posted February 14, 2014 Author Report Posted February 14, 2014 Either down size and do a trunk build or wall it off with the idea you had for 2 18s. & yeah some people may be dicks around here but they are helpful. well if i want to up grade i have to wall or put in the back seats my truck is full with 2 e12s in 2 1.8 cube boxes im just kinda sketched about building a box inside my car cause i really dont want to mess up my car.
Blake Farrar Posted February 14, 2014 Author Report Posted February 14, 2014 boxes sitting on the back seat will perform horribly I'm thinking he could make a platform, anchor his box and then trim to seal it off like a wall. That way, if possible, part could be built outside of the car and the rest inside. I don't know his dimensions, I know it will be a heavy bitch to get into the car and wrestle around, if it can be partially built outside at ALL. A 12-14 cubic box will be a two guy lifting project, the way it will have to be manipulated into the cabin. Like I said, that's even if it can be done that way. Without measurements, who knows. thats exalty what i wanted to do ive seen a few walls build like this and it seems alot easier than building it in the car and ill get some measurements latter today.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.