Deuces Posted February 17, 2014 Author Report Posted February 17, 2014 got the torres calc installed on the computer but still getting no where some help would be nice
Joe X Posted February 17, 2014 Report Posted February 17, 2014 Model for the said infinity subs and vehicle?
Deuces Posted February 18, 2014 Author Report Posted February 18, 2014 theyre the infinity reference 1260w 12'' subs I bought them off sonicelectronix and theyre going into a ford escort zx2 its a two door but I took out the backseats and built a false floor so I could build a bigger box for the subs
Joe X Posted February 18, 2014 Report Posted February 18, 2014 Very few can fit 4 12s on a trunk car, at least ported, sealed maybe, depending on the width and height of the box.
Deuces Posted February 18, 2014 Author Report Posted February 18, 2014 well that's why I took out my backseats lol the car has plenty of room from the trunk to the front seats... my max depth of the box could probably be 15'' (external measurement)and can be at max 36'' wide (again external measurement) but the length could be quite long like probably close to 50'' i'll get some exact measurements as soon as I can but I need help with the box's port I would like to put the port of the box facing twords the front seats I think it'll push more air into the cabin this way and have the subs facing up twords the sky... its a box build similar to Steve Meade's Chevy Tahoe (4 18's shredding a phone book on YouTube) I think I want my port facing forward im just getting a big headache figuring the port length and size, and how big to make the box. I figure the recommended ported box volume for one infinity reference 1260w is 2.0 cubic feet then I should make an 8 cubic foot box... but should go a little bigger because I need to take in mind how much cubic feet the bracing and subs are going to take up and I can get an accurate enough measurement with that but how do I determine how much cubic feet the port will take up? and how large I need to make the port and how long... this port is kicking my ass lol
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 nevermind my last comment friends are being dumbasses. alright so im looking max height of 13.5'' 29'' wide and a rough measurement of 48'' long. this will give me a box volume of 8.9317 cubic feet adding in the bracing subs and im hoping port I should be around 8 cubic feet which is 2 cubic feet per subwoofer. I talked to my math teacher today who said my port length will determine my hz we were looking at 30-34 hz so the port should be 6''L by 6''W right in the middle of the front side of the box on the 29''W by 13.5'' H and go roughly 13 1/2 inches deep into the box which I think is roughly 30-32 hz? I think lol
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 again any help is nice don't be afraid to correct me if im wrong lol
timc31610 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 First you need to determine the amount of recommended air space a single sub needs, then determine the amount of port area the sub needs. Multiply those values by 4. For example ig 1 sub needs 2cf airspace and 25 sq in port area you would multiply those by 4 and get 8 cf air space and around 100 sq inches of port area. Your port area is the width of the port multiplied by the height. The tuning is determined by the length of the port. I hope this isnt confusing, Im typing while standing in line at the store...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 i just feel like an idiot trying to figure this out lol. but I measured the maximum space in my trunk to the front of where my rear seats would be. its 54 and 1/2 inches front to back.. at some spots the trunk gets to 17'' high but for the box to clear everything front to back at 27'' wide the box could be at max 13'' talland I probably wouldn't even be able to get it in and out of my trunk this would give me 9.1 cubic ft which is 2.27/sub which seams way to big of a box and I don't know what to do...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.