Joe X Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 The problem is that you are 36" wide and you can't fit 4 subs and a port on a 36x15 face. You could do subs up but that's usually a bad idea. if you are wanting to be loud I would recommend you getting two high power / output 12s in a 4 cubes box instead of making a setup that makes your car dysfunctional. The subs are nice sounding but don't really have much power and you can't fit them correctly.
timc31610 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 From the spec sheet on those subs Infinity recommends 2 ft3 airspace and 12.5 square inches of port area. That would be 8 cubes net airspace and 50 square inches of port area. Your torres shot should look something like this. This would assume subs up and port forward. Port would be the width of the box and 2" high. Also this does not account for driver displacement which is not listed in the infinity specs. Maybe Joe X knows. Also to me the recommended port area seems a little on the small side. As you can see you will need more air space as with those dimensions you are at 7.87 net before displacement. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
timc31610 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 The above is for informational purposes to show you how the port area is figured. I am definitely no expert and you should Listen to any of Joe's recommendations before mine...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 im not looking for loud im just trying to get what I can out of these subwoofers, ive seen s ported box to 34 hz for these before and it looked and sounded great I just don't know the dimensions but thank you guys for the help
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 and anyone is a better expert than me haha
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 and I know subs up isially isint a good idea but ive messed around with my box placement and I have right now one sealed and one ported box and they honestly sound better in the car facing up especially the sealed box because its in the cabin of the car lol
timc31610 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 I know you are looking to get the max with what you have and it comes down to sacrifices. I believe you said you removed your back seat? The 13.5" height, would that be touching the rear support where the back seat used to be? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Joe X Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 and I know subs up isially isint a good idea but ive messed around with my box placement and I have right now one sealed and one ported box and they honestly sound better in the car facing up especially the sealed box because its in the cabin of the car lol When you place all four maybe rattling will kick in, that's basically what I mean with bad idea, since the subs are relatively weak so probably it may not be as serious or maybe it will, if it works for you fine.
timc31610 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Op, do you have or can you post pictures of where you are putting your subs? From the way it sounds if you did subs up you might end up with 2 in the cabin and 2 in the trunk. In cabin facing up = possible rattle, in trunk facing up = near definite rattle..lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Deuces Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 haha yes two 12's will be in the cabin and 2 12's will be in the trunk facing up and at 13.5'' yes the box will mostlikely touch the rear support where the old seats were im sure rattling will kick in but thats where my sound deadener helps a little
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.