Sealing a wall off testing. Before and after. Any one?

Kyblack76

Fuck, I can not believe I didn't message you bro.

I'm really really close to reloading the drivers, and metering the turd.

Thanks bro!

Going to check your link out ASAP!

no problem man, whatever you need just shoot me a PM wich is easier for me to check, i don´t have pics of a toyota yaris i built, BUT, here you have the results of the sealing of process!

Before sealing off:

152.3 @ 49 hz

147.8 @ 32 hz

Didn´t clamp or anything, just metered

After sealing off:

154.2 @ 48 hz

152.1 @ 32 hz

Didn´t clamp, but is plain stupid on any frequency you play, very flat from 35 to about 60 hz, so, you can say, on both of the cars i walled recently, i gained over 2 dbs on higher frequencies and 2-4 dbs on lower frequencies, subs also have better control, only way i could control them and actually get loud before sealing off, was playing at full tilt with the hatch open lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

i have all the results with pics on my ford explorer´s topic, gained tons on the meter and also on the lows, here you have it!

Post # 91 starts the sealing off process

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-4th-order-bandpass-with-8-loudforce-15s-154-dbs-40-hz-with-2500-watts-hairtrick-video-page-9/page-5

Ok, in summary, around a 48 to a tick over a 50.

Your resistive load did increase, BUT, so did efficiency ? Am I getting the goods FECUPE?

i have all the results with pics on my ford explorer´s topic, gained tons on the meter and also on the lows, here you have it!

Post # 91 starts the sealing off process

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-4th-order-bandpass-with-8-loudforce-15s-154-dbs-40-hz-with-2500-watts-hairtrick-video-page-9/page-5

Ok, in summary, around a 48 to a tick over a 50.

Your resistive load did increase, BUT, so did efficiency ? Am I getting the goods FECUPE?

On my 4th order wall YES, on the toyota yaris i just mentioned i don´t have a clue since i didn´t clamp before or after, flat walls are very different from 4th order walls for sure.

Yes, i went from 1 ohm to over 4 ohms around peak frequency, and went from 1 to close to 6 ohms below 30 hz, while rise went sky high, efficiency did also, my explorer burped 3 days ago a 154.4 @ 40 hz with only 2500 watts and 151.4 @ 23 hz with 1128 watts , load increased??? for sure, but i´m way louder now and subs stay way cooler, gotta love a 4th order i guess :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Thanks man.

I'm currently in a flat wall situation.

In regards with testing with the same, Did you see any type of playable band increase? Did your peak move up or down? More or flatter responce? Anything like that?

I'd love to hear any flat wall love and or advise you have!?!?

Thanks again bro.

Thanks man.

In regards with testing with the same, Did you see any type of playable band increase? Did your peak move up or down? More or flatter responce? Anything like that?

Thanks again bro.

ok flat wall experience before/after test , the only one i´ve actually done was the yaris, other walls were sealed off before even firing everything up.

The yaris was loud, now is just STUPID loud, already cracked the windshield, broke roof and door handles, design wasn´t meant for these subs or power, never expected to get that loud with entry level subs and low power, the big change was definitely sealing it off, car played loud from 42 to about 55 hz before doing it, and that if you had the hatch open , if it was closed, it sucked ass if you ask me, didn´t play lows AT all, burped below 145 at 30 hz iirc, after i sealed it off, peak frequency stayed the same (on the explorer it dropped like 10 hz so flat walls react different for sure) , peak frequency went from 49 to 48 hz but got way louder, when i started testing the lows, man what a huge difference, car is LOUD from 31 hz to about 60 hz, it has a huge drop from 31 to 30 hz believe it or not, and trust me, subsonic is all the way down, drops about 3 dbs on that range so i guess you can say 31 hz is the F3 of the box.

Car does over 152 dbs from 32 to 60 hz no problems at all, subs stay cooler now, more cone control, way louder to the ears, and now, car is not tearing apart as it was before, only the windshield, after tons of test, all the pressure is on the point where the meter is placed, gotta love the test test test and test process!!!

Like i said, i haven´t clamped this thing yet, i do believe it has only about 3000 watts around 48 hz, if that´s true, as soon as we upgrade subs and power, we should be burping over 158 dbs with 4 15s on about 6000 watts on a daily box tuned low, not too bad if you ask me.

Should you see a big increase??? if you do it correctly and you don´t have any leaks to the back, you should see A HUGE INCREASE for sure, specially on the ear-o-meter , on the termlab, mmmm 1 db sounds about right, 2 dbs is awesome, more than that is an extra bonus, and even if you don´t gain any, still should get way louder to the ears, trust me on that!!

Thanks man.

Thanks again bro.

ok flat wall experience before/after test , the only one i´ve actually done was the yaris, other walls were sealed off before even firing everything up.

The yaris was loud, now is just STUPID loud, already cracked the windshield, broke roof and door handles, design wasn´t meant for these subs or power, never expected to get that loud with entry level subs and low power, the big change was definitely sealing it off, car played loud from 42 to about 55 hz before doing it, and that if you had the hatch open , if it was closed, it sucked ass if you ask me, didn´t play lows AT all, burped below 145 at 30 hz iirc, after i sealed it off, peak frequency stayed the same (on the explorer it dropped like 10 hz so flat walls react different for sure) , peak frequency went from 49 to 48 hz but got way louder, when i started testing the lows, man what a huge difference, car is LOUD from 31 hz to about 60 hz, it has a huge drop from 31 to 30 hz believe it or not, and trust me, subsonic is all the way down, drops about 3 dbs on that range so i guess you can say 31 hz is the F3 of the box.

Car does over 152 dbs from 32 to 60 hz no problems at all, subs stay cooler now, more cone control, way louder to the ears, and now, car is not tearing apart as it was before, only the windshield, after tons of test, all the pressure is on the point where the meter is placed, gotta love the test test test and test process!!!

Like i said, i haven´t clamped this thing yet, i do believe it has only about 3000 watts around 48 hz, if that´s true, as soon as we upgrade subs and power, we should be burping over 158 dbs with 4 15s on about 6000 watts on a daily box tuned low, not too bad if you ask me.

Should you see a big increase??? if you do it correctly and you don´t have any leaks to the back, you should see A HUGE INCREASE for sure, specially on the ear-o-meter , on the termlab, mmmm 1 db sounds about right, 2 dbs is awesome, more than that is an extra bonus, and even if you don´t gain any, still should get way louder to the ears, trust me on that!!

Awesome.

If i see even close to a 2 db increase, ill be around that (157, sealed up, dash) on 4 15's, on a clamped 4xxx power around 35-37. Wired at .7x nom, and around 2 resistive. These were VERY early tests......

We shall see.

fuck, now, im a lil pumped to see what she can do !......

from what page should i check your buildlog???? it has like 164 lol, or you got a UBL?

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived