Second Skin Audio

Using 8's....

I was just asking how it would sound compared to one 12. I know it's not for high db, I was just askin so I could compare it to what I have now. Yeah, legroom is a bitch in my truck now, but she can always get her own ride if the 12 is better, LoL. I know it's not gonna hit the lows like a 12 would. My setup hits 143 @ 34hz. I know the 8's aren't gonna get that low and still sound good, I know they're more likely to hit between 40-50hz. The box I have now is somewhat tricky to get the space it needs. New010.jpg

The port is at the bottom right of the box facing the amp if you're wondering where it's at. All the seats have to come out to install or remove the box. Just curious about the sound difference between 4 8's and 1 12. What would sound better everyday???

I was just asking how it would sound compared to one 12. I know it's not for high db, I was just askin so I could compare it to what I have now. Yeah, legroom is a bitch in my truck now, but she can always get her own ride if the 12 is better, LoL. I know it's not gonna hit the lows like a 12 would. My setup hits 143 @ 34hz. I know the 8's aren't gonna get that low and still sound good, I know they're more likely to hit between 40-50hz. The box I have now is somewhat tricky to get the space it needs. New010.jpg

The port is at the bottom right of the box facing the amp if you're wondering where it's at. All the seats have to come out to install or remove the box. Just curious about the sound difference between 4 8's and 1 12. What would sound better everyday???

FYI...8's can get low lol. I know from first hand experience with the RE8 that it can get low..the only problem i see in that woofer is its fairly loose suspension. It's rather easy to reach mechanical limits if you overpower the sub from my experience....great little sub though..very effecient..4 of them would definitely get loud in a ported box. You wont be disapointed.

Oh well, issues with other things have put my 4 8's curiosity on hold for a while. Looks like I'll stick with this 1 12 and just add more power to it for now. If I have 550rms going to it now...how much louder do you think it would get once it's getting 1600rms??? I know that when you double power, you should gain 3db...but if i triple the power, would I gain 6db???...does this sound right to you guys??? I'm very curious to know what you think about this before I go and do it....then after I get opinions on it, I'll post TL results and show you what happened.

give it a little over rms, and run with it..

stop looking at the mic for answers.

do what you can with what you got, and keep trying diff stuff untill your happy

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well with 4 8's you will not be louder than a 143 legal. period.

i did 6 re 8's in an ideal situtaion and got a 144 legal.

id say run more power with your 12

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ok Ok, prices seem good...that's a lil more than what I paid for my 12, but worth it to me...more practical for my truck. Good to know the aa8's won't blow up on me with that amp. But you charge $35 just to give someone measurements for a box???  :o Not tryin to be an asshole here, but come on man. It ain't like I'm buying YOUR box...they're just measurements for a box. I understand trying to make a lil money on the side, but for box plans. It ain't like it's patented or anything. Come on.......lol.

Not everything in life is free Bro I bought box plans from ray  best 35 bucks I spent answered all my questions and even set my amp  :^ does not matter if you spend 10000 dollars on your system if your box sucks its gonna sound like ass :(