Second Skin Audio

Using 8's....

part of diy is knowing where to look.. imo.

dl winisd and tune your self..

or go to reaudio.com and use there box designer..

then after your done with all that ask yourself if it would be worth 35.00 just to have it sent to you..

Not trying to be a dick either but experience takes time and time is money.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I agree with you there...Time is money. Fuck it...I'll prolly just get the design from you anyways later...I'd have to sell my curent set up now first though. Too broke to buy another one without selling the first one. LoL...the manufacturers specs usually aren't what most folks like anyways. That's just what they think sound the best, but everyone likes different sounds. So, anyways....what vehicle did you have this box in? What was it tuned to?  What did it hit? Was it for daily listening or SPL use?? How did you like having the 8's compared to other, bigger subs??

i am an installer man.. i have done 4 8" setups prob. 60 times.. quad cab fords, quad cab chevy's, ext cab chevy's, reg cab chevy's, 88-07 and who is gonna build a 4 8" setup for spl?????

what do they hit?? 175db's.. lol

its kool, it sound spretty good.. imo.

sure 1 good 12 ported with the seat up is way louder.. but if you need legroom, well then something has to give.

if i had a reg cab chevy i would do 4 aa 8's ported, but that box would have to be f/g and very tricky to get the space, or a cut-through..

for the avg. guy 4 aa 's sealed, or 6 re 8's ported will do just fine.

as far as the size of the woofer, that is irrellavant, size means nothing. your not gonna get some weird sound off of them , like they wont hit low-bass???? and next 18's dont hit high bass????

CONE AREA. all that matters, and movment..= displaqcment.

pretty sure 4 8's outdisplace your 12".

and for the record. i have 4 18's in my own car.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You can't sit in it.

You will die, from all the dbezzzz

well if i cant sit in it how the fu*** am i supposed to drive and bump it..?? duhhh

lol  ;) ;) ;)