Chevelle Engine Paint Job Colors?! DECISIONS, DECISIONS. COME HELP THE COLORBLIND KID OUT.

The Orange is what the engine is supposed to be, it won't look weird. Chevrolet DID paint the Chevelle in red in '71 with the block and heads being orange. The orange is a really brilliant color and is what is supposed to be in a between the frame rails of that car. I get it, you want some color that just pops, but something about factory matched is just as sexy. This is all my opinion, and you're gonna make up your own mind regardless because you're going to do what looks good to you.

I love what chrome looks like when it gets hot. I also like the clean look of ceramic coating and it looks really clean. I like the benefit of the ceramic coating as well as far as the heat factor

I'll go with that probably then for now, I really want to sell the engine so I can buy a new 383 block and build it up.

I'm gonna clean this one up, basically rebuild it and clean the dress-up. I got a soda blaster for the paint and parts later anyway, so I'll probably just blast the intake, maybe the pulleys, definitely the brackets. I'll leave the block in and just degrease and de-rust, then re-build and re-seal everything back once the pieces are painted.

I don't mind the headers either way. I love the look of chrome and ceramic, I guess the only thing I'm not crazy about is when they're wrapped, but I suppose sometimes that's for performance not looks I guess?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Paint it any color you want, as long as it's BLACK...

Btw, I have a 440" SB2.2 for sale, all aluminum, and makes 814hp...On pump gas, lol. It'll turn 9200rpm all fucking day.

lol, well that's technically correct from a paint mix point, black containing all other colors except white usually, if I've heard right.

And I'm quite jealous. I'd ask how much, but I already know I probably couldn't give you 1/10th of what you want for it hahaha

(but so I'm sure, you talking just the block, or a whole engine? If it's just the block, and if you didn't live in FL, I would so be seriously trying to find enough money to get it, but shipping would probably be astronomical)

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Didnt read it all. No paint but black. Eww to bright orange red etc in an engine bay. Here is my buddies Chevelle. His family owns a local speed shop. at 15 the kids get cars, start building and pay for parts by working at their dads shop. Pretty good gig if you ask me. here are two pics of his car.

temporary_zps9590f928.jpg

temporary_zps8f48568f.jpg

I cant stand the rims..But hey not my car. I think he needs something a little more beef alot less flash. But he likes em.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I say paint the engine bay the color of the car and go black with the block and valve covers. aluminum heads and chrome everything else

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

The other guys have me convinced I think the blovk should be the factory chevy orange. But the biggest thing imho is you HAVE to get the engine bay (firewall, fenders, underside of hood) the same as the exterior.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Didnt read it all. No paint but black. Eww to bright orange red etc in an engine bay. Here is my buddies Chevelle. His family owns a local speed shop. at 15 the kids get cars, start building and pay for parts by working at their dads shop. Pretty good gig if you ask me. here are two pics of his car.

temporary_zps8f48568f.jpg

Good god, the amount of money he has in the engine bay setup alone...............those hood hinges are expensive AF, new upper/lower control arms also expensive AF, all the bushings, the radiator and fender mount bar, and all of that of course on top of that engine with what looks possibly like an air gap manifold? That firewall looks brand new too, so either an EXPENSIVE repair sheet or a great rust job, and how did he set it up with so few hoses?? What an incredible cancel job, assuming it's all hooked up. Don't see the PCV valve, or the wire loom, or anything extra really. What a great and super clean set up.

Might I inquire as to where this shop is?

I missed Alan.

The other guys have me convinced I think the blovk should be the factory chevy orange. But the biggest thing imho is you HAVE to get the engine bay (firewall, fenders, underside of hood) the same as the exterior.

I like that look, but only if the WHOLE engine going in, including all the tubing, is chrome or super-shiny polished. It could be done, but I guess I'm not sure for now.

I'll definitely do the underside of the hood though.

I missed Alan.

That Chevelle is gorgeous

Yeah there's something about it. It's not the most custom or craziest I've seen but that's definitely one of the best looking I've seen.

It has that explainable "X factor" I suppose? Like they call it on topgear lol?

I missed Alan.

His shop is in the high desert. Hesperia,ca to be exact. There is a billboard on the 15fwy if you ever drive out to Vegas you have probably seen it. Shop is Dale's Speed & Marine. They build some bitchin boats too. I'm pretty sure the a/c and few other things are not hooked up yet. I believe that was the first day they fired it up and he took it for a small drive around their lot..i may be wrong. These pics were about a month ago though. Maybe I can snag some new ones. I'm going to help him do the audio in it. Hidden head unit, kicks with 6.5" mids and tweets active, and a small substage, 2-10's on about 500w probably sundowns new budget subs..sealed and completely hidden. Plan is for CT amps too.

whatever you decide to go with Alan just put as much effort into it as your neo woofer and it should look good. No chrome and polished parts mixed though. That looks bad imo

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived