Slowly but surely SHCA is taking over my car :D

Just got this in the mail today

10300086_10203990453416752_8884484958436

Big 3 and upgrading the sub wiring this weekend!

Going to work on the trunk a bit as well so more pics to come.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

Any updates?

About to go cut most of the box out now. Currently at work so my free time is here and there. We have a table saw and a few other tools that will make this a lot easier for me.

Well went to try and put most of it together and found out I need to drop the height by an inch which might work out better cause I may be able to build it outside and then out it in which will make this so much easier. Will find out tomorrow and post results when I have em.

Sweet ride. I would tend to stay away from the CCFL Halos. They tend to not last as long and have a break in the top of them. Check this video here.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Sweet ride. I would tend to stay away from the CCFL Halos. They tend to not last as long and have a break in the top of them. Check this video here.

I think I will go with that advise and get LED Halos if I get any. The replacement set I have lined up also comes without the CCFL Halos so I think I'll get those and go from there.

A progress update on the box

I changed somethings and shrank the box so that it will be removable. I'm not confident enough in my abilities to build a strong box from within the car so here's the progress from today.

10462501_10204031587925089_3554015864898

10393740_10204031587685083_2970693047393

I was going to incorporate a window in the back of the box but was giving me too much trouble so just a solid back for now. Still have body filler and sanding to be done before I glue it all together.

Edit note: I lost the original Torres sheet but my port area was 42in when i posted this

Archived