Is this Repairable?

Yeah the one in red P4 is the one I figured most would think is the problem. That one is actually fine, the pin did shift, but is still connected. The one is brown is the one that is disconnected. I am going to end up powering it up, if it works it works, if not, it doesn't. I will run it for a few days at my house to make sure there's no glitches because of it.

And Beaker, if we end up replacing the board hes probably going to replace the GFX, this rig is a old ass alienware PC. If he does however not want to, thanks for the info dude.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

That brown one I would say is the just the mount for the dvi header shouldnt be an issue.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

That brown one I would say is the just the mount for the dvi header shouldnt be an issue.

Fasho, will start working on this once I can, thanks again dude

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 7 months later...

Good news! My buddy doesn't work so money is scarce to him. He finally went and bought a new Mobo. It's crazy, has all the same specs as his old board, but almost half the size lol. It all came in thursday and I stayed up until 2am working on it. Swapped out the mobo and put everything back in. On start up it would keep crashing saying there was an issue loading windows and using the alienware recovery never worked. I took his HDD out and plugged it into my secondary desktop which I keep there specifically to test hard drives. The HDD was fine, smart tests where good and in all was in great health. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't load so I just booted off a usb and reinstalled everything. He is now happy as can be and gaming. I'm heading over to his house in a minute and will grab some pictures of the new board shortly. Just wanted to post this in-case there was someone who happened to care to see the repair.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 4 weeks later...

He could have just used that second slot, the black one.

will it still work?? I don't think it'll work. The main PCIe 16x is the blue one. If I remember correctly and my memory serve me right. I had an old 939 ASUS sli board and try installing a G-Force 7800GT on to the sec slot and the motherboard couldn't detech the 7800gt, put it on the 1st slot it worked.

The PCIe slot being used was the only x16 slot so the other was a waste.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm