Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I finally got a t-Line Built!!! My Buddy Travis put it together for me, and its still not 100% finished, But BOY is it loud! The box hasn't been resined yet, nor does it have 45's, but we were just too anxious to see how it sounded... I LOVE IT!! Using 1 Hx2 12 Built by Faultline, it gives me a nice little bit of roof flex as is.

The plan is to seal it forward in a trunk wall, but that's at ill a few days down the road. but for now i have it playing sub-port back with not rear deck lid so the air will travel around. And I'm so happy with it as it is. Nothing that will compete, but for only 800ish rms on it it really does wonders!

I had the sub in a standard 2 cube sub-aro port back and it wasn't half this loud.

photobucket-9262-1337459979325.jpg

photobucket-19110-1337459978479.jpg

photobucket-21716-1337459977651.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, I decided to see if a T-Line for my 2 15's would fit in my truck. If my calculations are correct, this should be tuned to 28Hz. Did I do this right?

215stline.png

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

hard to tell, you're missing some measurements.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I didsome calculations to run 2 GCON 15's tline in the back of my crewcab. It was ridiculous huge but would barely fit and still allow full movement of the front seats. Had something like 125"^2 port area and 9ft long for each.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Well, I built the box in setchup, but I can't find out how I can get it to show all the measurements for a screenshot lol

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

draw the ones you're missing onto it.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived