Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Here is my try at a bandpass T-line

I dont know how to calculate tuning for a sealed enclosure, i tried torres calc, but it wouldnt show any tuning only net volume

T-line tuning = 32 Hz

T-line Volume = 4.60 cuft

Sealed Volume = 1.37 cuft

Total Dimensions = 35.25 wide x 23.5 deep x 16.5 tall

Sealed Dimensions = 28 wide x 3 deep x 15 tall

Here is pic before i made the wall to complete the sealed section, it shows where the subwoofer will be. it is double baffled because the sub needs 6.5 inches of mounting depth and port is only 5 inches wide, depending on how snug the sub is I may make a little mounting ring to give it a bit more space.

sub.png

sealed wall up

sealedup.png

top view showing the line and sealed sections. the line is 5 inches wide all the way through even at the 45s

top-2.png

what the finished box would look like, good luck the sub,

complete.png

Looksgood. Line looks long and sealed to big. Try and get BassBox6.0. That can calculate peak freq in a sealed box

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well the line is 106 inches long, which give it a 1/4 wave of 8.83 ft and full of 35.31 not sure how I could shorten it, if it is too long

i recalculated t-line volume as I forgot to adjust it when i changed subwoofer placement, i could move woofer placement closer to the port opening, i have about 15 inches i could work with there, if measuring from center of woofer placement to start the line

actual tline volume is 4.6 cuft

after the first bend, the port actually widens to 6 inches, I need to adjust that back to 5 inches, the math was done with the right numbers, just accidentally made that part 6 inches when modeling it

Got bassbox pro 6, F3 of the sealed box is 142.1 Hz according to bassbox and according to the plot, it looks like the peak is around 54Hz

peak.png

I got that by putting in all of the driver info as well as box internal dimensions

First off: GREAT POST, thanks a lot for this.

Could someone please explain the 1/4 wave theory to me?

I think i'm in love.. :)

atkin.gif

Snowdrifter.. start here: http://www.quarter-wave.com/

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 4 weeks later...

hey man, i was wonderin, what would an t line enclosure b for my alpine type r 10" duel 4. if i can, id like it tuned so i could hit the last note on "Put On". ;) or at least sound wicked on tech n9ne"s song "deamons" off of his K.O.D. cd. thanx

Bring on the Rockfords!!

So, i'm looking for some input..I've got a 10" McIntosh MS468.

The specs I have on it are...

thielesmall.jpg

20hz is a long port -_-

The port opening is 3.44x16.25. It is 149 inches long...tuned to about 23hz. The SD is right around 55sqft

The over all box size is 40.5 wide, 20.5 deep, and 17.75 tall. The shape should fit my 97' maxima nice and snug.

Am I doing this right?

face.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

top.jpg

whats with the big open spot on the back?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived