mmets Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 Currently have two Level 5 15s. Each is being ran off a 5k at 1 ohm. When I made the box I was going to run to XL's but changed my mind and ended up with the level 5s. Box currently works but I am pretty sure I can get a little more out the these. I know they recommend 3.75 each. What do you guys recommend on airspace and what should I be shooting for on my port, how many square inches etc. They are in a trailblazer right now and will be for a while. May do the box before summer hits so I can get to some shows or comps out here. Thanks. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
Neckbeard Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 8 cubes net,14Sq inches for the port, sub up port back in a SUV. Should sound damn good Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
mmets Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 Subs are up and port will be back. 14 sq per foot so total of 112 sq inches of port is what I'm guessing. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
mmets Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 Any other thoughts http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
ChevyBoy95 Posted February 17, 2014 Report Posted February 17, 2014 7-8 cubes, subs up, port to the rear hatch at the bottom, ~120 sq in of port, tuned to the mid 30s. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
mmets Posted February 17, 2014 Author Report Posted February 17, 2014 Thanks for the input guys. I guess I will be doing close to the same box with port area. The box I have now has 45's inside so doesnt have the airspace. Guess I'll do another one but take the 45's out and do a little more bracing. Thanks. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.