should I ditch the lead acid battery?

I get voltage drop into low 12s when really pushing it on some decaf or other bass heavy songs.

Big 3 done with 4awg cca.

Wiring: 4awg positive to back with 150 amp fuse right after battery up front. No other inline fuses. Trunk battery is grounded to bare metal chassis with 4awg. I grounded my mids/highs amp and bass amp to the trunk battery. Is that bad?

4 gauge is only good for up to around 100-150 amperage. i would redo the big 3 with at least 2 gauge since you know that will carry the full 140amps that your alt can handle.

you need fusing for you amps at least. there needs to be a fuse between the amps and rear batt. if something happens between them they arent protected. the fuses on amps can still cause damage to the amp if they blow.

a lot of people put fuses on the front to back run of power wire near the front battery and one near the back battery.

try moving you ground around, many people drop into the low 12s with similar setups as you but move the ground around a little bit and suddenly stay in the high 12s to low 13s.

look for the ce electronics section on this forum and search through it for topics by snafu on the big 3, ground, and anything wiring related. great info in there.

im trying to help you from having to buy another battery. might have to but if you can get your voltage up above 13v with out having the non agm battery you dont need a second one.

imo, try and change the gounding spot, use bigger wire for the big 3 and front the back run. make sure your grounds are solid and the wire is the same size as the positive or bigger. its cheaper to buy 20-30ft of 2gauge then a battery. could even get used 0 gauge for less then a battery.

if none of this helps keep voltage above 13v with just the agm and stock alt then i would suggest a ho alt. you can get 175-200amp alt from mechman or singer alt for 300-400 which is around the cost of a good agm battery but it actually produces power and doesn't just store it.

by all means though if you would just rather buy a second agm batt for under the hood go ahead and do it. im just trying to help you find ways that will make it better with out the need of 2 batteries.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I get voltage drop into low 12s when really pushing it on some decaf or other bass heavy songs.

Wiring: 4awg positive to back with 150 amp fuse right after battery up front. No other inline fuses. Trunk battery is grounded to bare metal chassis with 4awg. I grounded my mids/highs amp and bass amp to the trunk battery. Is that bad?

CCA is garbage only go pure copper abd big 3 do it in 1/0 or welding cable if ur on a budget

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

CCA is garbage only go pure copper abd big 3 do it in 1/0 or welding cable if ur on a budget

Exactly, 4guage CCA won't really be a upgrade...

And I don't know who suggested you to use a 150 amp fuse but that's dangerous.

I wouldn't trust 4guage CCA with anything over 120amps...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Exactly, 4guage CCA won't really be a upgrade...

And I don't know who suggested you to use a 150 amp fuse but that's dangerous.

I wouldn't trust 4guage CCA with anything over 120amps...

I was wondering if anyone was gonna say something about the cca. When I first got it along time ago I didn't even know the difference. I wonder if that's the main reason I'm getting voltage drop.

I can double check but I think that 150 amp fuse is recommended by Rockford for that amp. If not why is it dangerous?

it is dangerous because the wire might not stand up to the 150 amp load and can get too hot and start a fire

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived