Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

well, then wire to 1ohm and be done with it. get upset all you want that people are trying to help and give you advice. doesn't effect any of us.

4 pages of suggestion and answers and seems like you haven't tried a single one of them. sorry but if your giving ideas and get upset about a suggestion people aren't going to want to help you very much.

This is exactly the post that turned this thread into a hate session, and posted by none other than : alaskanzx5

This is why I said what I said, you assume I am not taking advice, you say I have not tried and single thing yet I have tried multiple, and i apparantly giving my own ideas which is ubsurd, the OP cant have ideas. And you not wanting to help, go for it, You honestly did not help me.

Im reading it as he likes the 20-40hz and personaly doesnt like the 40hz and up notes

I don't really see the problem with this? 95% of what I play is 35hz and down :shrug:

ryely, the point is that if its so important to him that he is going to get that defensive and take jabs at people then it should be just as important to deal with a little cold weather for 10-15min. ive torn the interior of my car apart drilled holes and ran wires for subs before in -10 to -20 weather. a simple job as to pull to subs change the wiring some and test it before putting them back in the box is nothing.

hell I would go riding on 4 wheelers and snowmachines (snowmobiles as some call them) in shorts and a tank top in that weather just for the hell of it like 10-11years ago. rolled a snowmachine in sweat pants and a hoody in a snow storm. man up!

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ryely, the point is that if its so important to him that he is going to get that defensive and take jabs at people then it should be just as important to deal with a little cold weather for 10-15min. ive torn the interior of my car apart drilled holes and ran wires for subs before in -10 to -20 weather. a simple job as to pull to subs change the wiring some and test it before putting them back in the box is nothing.

hell I would go riding on 4 wheelers and snowmachines (snowmobiles as some call them) in shorts and a tank top in that weather just for the hell of it like 10-11years ago. rolled a snowmachine in sweat pants and a hoody in a snow storm.

yea i kinda know what ur saying, to tell u the truth i woudl rather jump on a sled and go for a decent ride with some genes amd a long sleve shirt then go dick with my stereo in the cold for less time, i enjoy my ride on the sled, i dont enjoy trying to fix a pia problem in the cold lol, jabs i can kinda understand, because i know what he was saying, people were telling him it was wiring problem, and that simply wasnt the case and i know that. and he said that the wiring wasnt the problem but people kept persisting that was it, which personally that would piss me off, and like i was it looks like a break-in problem

that was a post in reply to your comment of im not going to rewire them. said you are just going to wire to 1ohm and be done. (post number 63 for anyone that would like to go back and read it, my internet explore doesn't want to paste or quote for some reason lately)

you said you weren't going to rewire which was a suggestion just to make sure it wasn't a wiring issue. that's you not excepting advice. refusing to except the fact that just maybe something with the wire is wrong and you somehow made that simple mistake.

i then gave you advice that getting upset about the advice your getting will push people away from wanting to help you. again more helpful advice but not just car audio in general everything in life.

if that is being an ass then im sorry your tampon is stuck not allowing you to remove it so you can man up for a minute to admit your jabs were uncalled for and stereotypical.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You can run your lpf wherever you want OP.

But people saying otherwise just think there is no point because it wont hurt to run it at 65 or 70 or 80. Just cause you run your LPF to say 65 doesnt mean you cant play lows. It just means you can play lows and highs.

Most music i have heard pretty much plays one note at a time when it comes to bass. It's not like the mid range where you have vocals, guitar, drums, and so on.

With bass its pretty much one note, another note, another note.

Thats just my .02.

Like i said, it wont hurt to run it higher, but its your setup you can run it where you like it. But if you want to kill lows below 40, play music with lows below 40. The filter isnt going to help you get more output by setting it lower.

LMFAO. I am not going to re wire to 4 ohms again because the way I had it wired in the first place was fine, also backed up by multiple people, and I even checked the wiring, and to top it all off, it has been confirmed already that it was not a wiring issue. You got upset that I was not wiring it to 4 ohms again, I am not obligated to take your advice.

his diagram looks ok to me unless i am missing something, more than one way to skin a cat.,

i don't see why the way you did it wont work but imo just for piece of mind I would wire it like the diagram kranny and sbg posted. better safe then sorry.

His wiring sounds right. Visualize it.

It doesn't hurt check final load with a DMM and do a pop test just to verify things though

Archived