Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

Pop test it yet?

Unhook the wires from your amp. Negative to the negative on your car battery, then briefly strike the positive against the positive of your car battery. Both subs should move in the same direction

Have not done a pop test before, interesting though, I'll check it out. And I have had the subs playing a 25Hz test tone before and it slammed. Both subs were working the same, and the reason we were doing 25 Hz was because the LPRC filter we had on the RCA was set around 30 Hz so I only really got decent output around there. Anyways there is the pictures I have.

Have not done a pop test before, interesting though, I'll check it out. And I have had the subs playing a 25Hz test tone before and it slammed. Both subs were working the same, and the reason we were doing 25 Hz was because the LPRC filter we had on the RCA was set around 30 Hz so I only really got decent output around there. Anyways there is the pictures I have.

wait you have an in-line rca low pass filter?

mHh3gAs--f1j-_Ziyjh6tMQ.jpg

The subs when I had them playing individually were perfect yes, also I realize that I dont need a filter for a test tone, that is common sense, the LPRC filter was inline with the RCA's as in it was soldered into the RCA's, and I was playing the 25 Hz test tone because the filter was set to 30 Hz so I only got the really low end of anything, so to test out the drivers, 25 Hz test tone.

I doubt it would change anything. But take it out and see what happens

Pics of box in car?

Have you swapped subs yet?

Archived