Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

You want to remove as many variables as you can. As stated, test all of the coils with a dmm. Try swapping the woofers around to see if the problem will follow. Check all of your wiring and amp settings. If al else fails, I would look at the box.

I just tested the coils with my Fluke Dmm and they are fine, Tomorrow I am wiring each drivers coils in series so I get two drivers each with a 2 ohm load and putting that in my 4 speaker outputs of my amp so I get a final load of 1 ohm, the amp has 4 outputs (a positive rail = 2 outputs, and a negative rail = 2 outputs).

Only thing i can think of is accidentally wired out of phase on one. I know you said you checked it but do me a favor. Look at the terminals on each sub and compare. I have seen manufactures accidentally swap the pos/neg terminals. So look at each one and see if they are all identical. Hope that made sense.

I did compare the terminals already, I had considered that while troubleshooting, and yes both have yellow spiders, no this is not their first time playing, I played each individually on 450 watts in a single 15" box for a little bit, neither of them seen much power. All coils are reading what they are sopose too, yes practically brand new drivers.

Archived