Second Skin Audio

Need box design for 6.5" DD sub in Audi Q5

Rockywwf

I have a 2010 Audi Q5 withe the B&O system. I purchased a Digital Designs SW6.5 sub (http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/woofers/sw65) to replace the stock 6.5" sub in the car. I also purchased a Fosgate P300X1 amp to power the new sub. Originally I was going to make a sleve and set the woofer in the sparetire enclosure that the original woofer sits in. Upon researching what other have done I see that some have made ported boxes for replacement woofers which sit in front of the spare tire in the back. (see below)

DSC_0973.jpg

I would love to go this route but I have no idea how to design a ported box. I could build it if I had planes. Anyone out there who may have done a similar project would you be interested in helping out? The specs for the woofer are seen on the link above but I can tell you that the minimum cubic feet the box should be is .33 net cubic feet.

Thanks in advance. If I left any info out let me know.

Please don't rentamod. There is a report post button use it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The B&O fanboy in me is pissed that you're replacing their stuff with a Fosgate Punch series. Fuck it though not my car.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

The B&O fanboy in me is pissed that you're replacing their stuff with a Fosgate Punch series. Fuck it though not my car.

Trust me I am a huge fan of this system minus the sub par bass. I just need a bit more thump and all the reasearch I did lead me to just amp the 1 replacement woofer with another amp and leave the rest of the system alone. Saw and heard an install on a 2013 Q7 and it was amazing. They used a 12" sub which is way more than I need.

Fair enough. Haha I love the Q5s. My dad bought a 2012 and would've had to custom order the B&O package, which I wish he had done.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Not sure how you'll take this then;

I've heard stock RF system in a friends Mitsubishi. Hideous! But people have needs.

I literally, only design and build t-lines. Having built 7-8 enclosures for my hybrid Audio I6SW, I was on the way to buying a DD SW6.5, when I had my driving license revoked due to ill health (unable to work). So for now my DD SW6.5 build is a dream but I still design the odd t-line around the SW6.5. Love to try one of these subs one day.

Don't know what dimension you're working with, but this is probably the most compact design I've come up with.

ScreenHunter_151Feb221756_zpsee9634ef.jp

Working on a ported variation

ScreenHunter_149Feb221753_zpsb61ab177.jp

And my first attempt at a horn design similar to this PWK horn for the SW6.5

ScreenHunter_148Feb221753_zps29fa5b72.jp

Whatever you do, I'd love to hear any updates and watch any videos. I now have to live my car audio life vicariously through others. Sad, but health comes first i guess!

Archived