Sonic Electronix

Before this car I had a silver Suzuki Swfit 2 door (looks like a Chevy sprint, but sexier). I had 2 10" no name subs in there with a bandpass enclosure facing my back glass tilted slightly to the roof. Each sub was like 450 W max (200RMS 4 ohm) driven by a Coustic 800W @ 2 ohm. My top end was driven by my clarion headunit. My cousin and I had a lil' set out in the middle of nowhere. He was runnin 2 12" (about 500W each RMS) in a sealed enclosure (about 4 cubes) driven by an 1100 Watt Power Acoustic. His top end was driven by a 920W amp. Two 6 x9s, four 5 1/2 and two bullet tweeters all in a Honda accord. And an epicenter for the icing on the cake (not the new epi, the old one with no sweep or wide knobs). We both ran as loud as we could before distortion. Now, I was expectin him to win because I mean damn look at his setup vs. mine. But my bass covered and I mean COVERED his TOP end. Imagine that shit. He couldn't hear what was being said because allz you could hear was my bass. I couldn't even believe it. I guess it's because I had a hatchback and my car was small and also my bandpass which REALLY amplified frequencies between 30 and 40 Hz.

...Then both coils of my subs fried. I noticed when I suddenly started to hear his music and no bass from mine. I checked my car and grey smoke was pouring out. I guess I won the battle but that bastard won the war.  :'(

Long time ago was on my way to pick up my GF, I stopped by an uncle's crib, as I left I was playing late night tip and all of a sudden this crazy old guy comes out yelling at me that I was crazy that my truck was going to kill somebody of an heartattack, that his house was about to fall down (btw he had a 9mm in one hand) According to him I knocked of all of his paintings and picture.... a lot of words were exchanged, his wife came out I told her to grab her husband or he was going to get his ass run over

pretty funny may i say, everytime i see that old guy I laugh my @ss off :D

94045747046eb36562b98c.gifI can Bounce $h!+ off my roof

Guest MegaloManiac

Before this car I had a silver Suzuki Swfit 2 door (looks like a Chevy sprint, but sexier). I had 2 10" no name subs in there with a bandpass enclosure facing my back glass tilted slightly to the roof. Each sub was like 450 W max (200RMS 4 ohm) driven by a Coustic 800W @ 2 ohm. My top end was driven by my clarion headunit. My cousin and I had a lil' set out in the middle of nowhere. He was runnin 2 12" (about 500W each RMS) in a sealed enclosure (about 4 cubes) driven by an 1100 Watt Power Acoustic. His top end was driven by a 920W amp. Two 6 x9s, four 5 1/2 and two bullet tweeters all in a Honda accord. And an epicenter for the icing on the cake (not the new epi, the old one with no sweep or wide knobs). We both ran as loud as we could before distortion. Now, I was expectin him to win because I mean damn look at his setup vs. mine. But my bass covered and I mean COVERED his TOP end. Imagine that shit. He couldn't hear what was being said because allz you could hear was my bass. I couldn't even believe it. I guess it's because I had a hatchback and my car was small and also my bandpass which REALLY amplified frequencies between 30 and 40 Hz.

...Then both coils of my subs fried. I noticed when I suddenly started to hear his music and no bass from mine. I checked my car and grey smoke was pouring out. I guess I won the battle but that bastard won the war.  :'(

n00b story right there :^

n00b story right there :^

Ar ar ar verrrry funny

You want a funny/stupid story. My other cuz who is my age, loved Kicker products, he used to have three audiobahn's but wanted to with a single sub system. So he bought a 12" L7 and a KX700.1 I think it was. Well within a week he fried the sub, competely locked it up and he wanted me to come down and have a look at it. I unscrew the sub, pull it out the box and notice his got the sub wired at half an ohm (0.5) he just connected all the voice coils together not knowing what he was doing. I susprised it ever played that way, I heard it a few days before it blew it sounded pretty good to me, but very small life it had.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Long time ago was on my way to pick up my GF, I stopped by an uncle's crib, as I left I was playing late night tip and all of a sudden this crazy old guy comes out yelling at me that I was crazy that my truck was going to kill somebody of an heartattack, that his house was about to fall down (btw he had a 9mm in one hand) According to him I knocked of all of his paintings and picture.... a lot of words were exchanged, his wife came out I told her to grab her husband or he was going to get his ass run over

pretty funny may i say, everytime i see that old guy I laugh my @ss off :D

lol "his wife came out I told her to grab her husband or he was going to get his ass run over"

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

well i have a little and short story,

i have 2400rms and i was at a cruise in around my local mc d car park (london) and i went in Full bass and at first i had some people looking, but eventually i got quite a few people to come over, i turned the car off and talking to friends and some guys asked to see the subs and amps, showed it all and then they asked me to demo it, as i just put the stereo on, it hit away on full blast as i have the ipod adaptor and it was like a fraction of a second that the amps came on in time not to miss the beat and about 10-13 people standing around the car laughing at me being scared with the blast from my own system.

Archived