Second Skin Audio

Plexiglass sub box

Bodybyvic

I'm building a bandpass box in which I plan to use plexiglass on the top and rear walls of the box to display the subs. My question is concerning how to fasten together the two plexiglass pieces and seal them properly. I noticed on one of Steve Meade ,he used a seal tape for camper tops on trucks. Is this along with some form of caulking to seal them air tight or they is the tape enough? Any advice on this will be appreciated. Thanks

weather stripping and caulking IMO. Could use some led lighting and run the write in the corners if the box and hide them under the caulking. Caulking is easy to take of to so it's not like you wont be able to take it apart.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks for the advice. Soundsystemaniac, on the plexiglass box with the 3 subs, the top and back are glass. Did u just use wood screws and caulking or did u use the weathers seal tape also. Last when u say weather stripping r u talking about the same camper seal that smd used on the Lexus ?

Some people use Lexan (clear polycarbonate) rather than plexiglass or acrylic. It's supposed to be stronger so you don't need such a thick sheet and it cost a little less than acrylic.

I'm not sure where you've seen Lexan be cheaper than plexiglass. For the same sized sheet, eplastics.com had the Lexan for a 24X48" sheet being 20-25 bucks more.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived