Kwaldy Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Hey guys got a question. I've got an Obsidian 18V2 ran by a RE Audio XT4000DEVT. I'd like to do a 6.5 to 7 cu slot ported box but am having a hell of a time getting the dimentions right. I have a 99 Yukon so I have a lot of room. My max deminsions are about 24X48X24. Any help would be much appreciated.
truthsayer Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Are you planning on running that sub at 1ohm or 4ohm? Becuase if you run it at 1ohm you will be way overpowering it. At 4ohm you will be under powering. truthsayer
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Unless he has a dual 4 Ohm sub and runs it at 2 ohms Kwaldy, if you want to run 2 of those subs, here's a design: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180284-2-obsidian-18-v2-box/?fromsearch=1 Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
truthsayer Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Lol, I took the v2 as the dvc2ohm truthsayer
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Haha^^ that's what I figured. I had to look at it twice too because that's how I read it originally. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Kwaldy Posted February 23, 2014 Author Report Posted February 23, 2014 Yeah im running it at 2 ohms so about 800 watts. I wish I had another but not in the budget right now
Joe X Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Here's a suggestion, need 4" of free airspace in front of the port, subsonic filter to 28 Hz:
CleanSierra Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Haha, I just made a design too. If you want options, let me know. Otherwise, build that enclosure ^^^ Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Kwaldy Posted February 23, 2014 Author Report Posted February 23, 2014 That thing is beautiful. Thank you so much. The only question I have is on the extension it says 1 3/16, is that right?
Joe X Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 That's correct, it is 1 3/16", the figure is only an assembly guide so that you know what goes where. bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.