Sonic Electronix

Really dumb question... I think?

If i'm not mistaken the coils in series would see the higher amounts of power than the coils in parallel, but honestly not sure if that is in fact what happens.

Your only options are .5 ohm, 2 ohm and 8 ohm loads.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I am pretty sure each coil will see the same power regardless because each one is 2 ohms, the amp will put out power based on the load presented.

Thing is, im not sure how it would actually pan out if you had series then parallel or parallel then series, if would have an effect on how the power is distributed.

I want to see this tested and see what happens.

Pardeus, that answer of .8ohm final imp load was correct. Your taking one sub down to 1ohm, then the second sub to 4ohm. Then if you wire those in parallel you get a final load of .8ohm. but as other said i wouldn't do it, but yes it is possibel. It's no different than having a single vc1ohm and a single vc4ohm then wiring them parallel to the amp.

truthsayer

Not sure if they see the same power but I can tell you I ran a pair of subs once... They were the same model but one was a 4Ohm and the other was an 8Ohm for a 2.7Ohm total. I didn't notice that one was moving more or being pushed harder than the other. They seemed to me to be getting the same power

Basshead not audiophile

And to answer how to figure it out here is what I did...

You have 1 4Ohm and 1 1Ohm right...

So I said ok, how many 4Ohm subs would equal 1Ohm total? I would take 4 4Ohm subs to equal 1Ohm. Then I added the the other 4Ohm sub for a total of 5 4Ohms subs. Then just divide 4 by 5 for .8.

There is probably a better way to figure it out buts that what I did . I hope it makes sense

Basshead not audiophile

i have 2 dvc 4ohm subs inverted so changing the resistance is waseasy for me. if you guys tell me what to do I'll run out change the wiring And make a video. i know your talking about dual 2ohm but you should still see the affect. i know my amp can take .5ohm so no worries on the low end. i can make a short video

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I'm curious now to. so one sub 2 the other 8ohm (for my subs anyway) i really want to know if one sub will indeed move more.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff