Sundown Audio

Looking for an inexpensive mids amp

devestator_x

Ok, so my wife is upping the system budget a bit and has approved an extra $100 for this build. Here's what Im planning so far...

Car is a 1983 Camaro Z28 (think IROC style)

Alipine CDE-147BT head unit (to be purchased)

MB Quart PVL216 components rear (75w rms) (currently own and installed, running off a CHEAP Pioneer deck)

fronts are non-existant at this point, but could be 4x6 speakers in stock dash locations, maybe Polk or Inifinity later on.

(2) Sundown E12s running off a Soundqubed Q1-1200D in a ported box tuned to 36hz (I could end up going with the sealed box I currently have instead of buying new, still debating that one, subs and amp need to be purchased)

XS Power Big 3 upgrade (needs to be purchased)

Sky High Car Audio OFC 4 ga wire kit (needs to be purchased)

So Im looking at getting a mids amp to run the MB Quart components and MAYBE a set of front speakers. Front imaging in these cars sucks and Im not concerned with it honestly. I could go with a 2 channel or a 4 channel (4 for a future upgrade for fronts later on)

Im thinking either a Rockford Fosgate R150x2, Rockford Fosgate R250x4, or an MB Quart QA600.4. The mids amp will power off an 8ga run I already have in the car.

Any opinions?

Archived