Looking for "opinions" on my future setup....again

Rabbit

Hello folks. I made a post a while back asking for opinions about a set up i wanted to do after my 05 chevy equinox LT was paid off which is a month away. But that post didn't really get a TON of replys so it kind of left me wondering. But anyways i think the last equipment i listed in the last post were not as good as the ones I'm going to put listing in this post. So here we go....

First up i want to do custom fibeglass work to my front door panels and front A-Pillers to hold 4 speakers and 2 tweeters and 2 mids. Also would be adding damplifier pro too door panels and etc. I'm looking for SQ but not "true" SQ because i can't afford that or have 20 years to save lol. Here is the list I've came up with.

1.2x Hertz ML 1600 (2 per door)

2.Hertz ML 280 (1 per A-Piller)

3.Hertz ML 700 (1 per A-Piller)

4.Soundstream REF4.920 l or Cadence Vegas 4 channel

5.Soundstream REF4.400

6. Pioneer P99RS Headunit

7.JL Audio HO110-W6v3

Ok so far that's everything far as main equipment goes. Have no idea how many RMS the MK 280 & ML 700 does so the soundstream REF4.400 might not be good enough and also will be going active. Also havne't came up with an amp for the sub.

Honestly, save your money. Go to Wal Mart and buy some Kicker subs, maybe even some Kicker 6 x 9's....word on the street is you will be heard around the world and the clarity for SQ is unmatched! :D

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Welcome to SMD ...

First up i want to do custom fibeglass work to my front door panels and front A-Pillers to hold 4 speakers and 2 tweeters and 2 mids. Also would be adding damplifier pro too door panels and etc. I'm looking for SQ but not "true" SQ because i can't afford that or have 20 years to save lol. Here is the list I've came up with.

6 drivers up front as a stage and image will be a very hard trick to pull off ... My suggestion would be to post up some pics of your ride's interior so we can see what you have to work with ... mainly your dash, A-pillars, kick panels, and your doors ...
Maybe starting off with a single component set would be good to see what Kind of tune your are actually looking for and build your system up from there ...
SQ is not all about spending tons of money, but spending your hard earned money wisely ... build into it and enjoy your system !!!

Honestly, save your money. Go to Wal Mart and buy some Kicker subs, maybe even some Kicker 6 x 9's....word on the street is you will be heard around the world and the clarity for SQ is unmatched! :D

RETARDED RESPONSE ... Op, don't listen to this guy ... you are on the right track to a nice build.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Welcome to SMD ...

6 drivers up front as a stage and image will be a very hard trick to pull off ... My suggestion would be to post up some pics of your ride's interior so we can see what you have to work with ... mainly your dash, A-pillars, kick panels, and your doors ...

Maybe starting off with a single component set would be good to see what Kind of tune your are actually looking for and build your system up from there ...

SQ is not all about spending tons of money, but spending your hard earned money wisely ... build into it and enjoy your system !!!

RETARDED RESPONSE ... Op, don't listen to this guy ... you are on the right track to a nice build.

Thanks. I was just being facetious.....more or less a sarcastic response based on everything you read online.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Archived