JesseyMclame Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 I'm looking for a solid pair of daily woofers. I have a vfl 400.1, and I'm looking to get 2 18's. I've always heard of aq/sq, and these are seeming like they fit the bill... 400$ per, free shipping, 4" coil, 2000wrms... Anyone have any input on this ? They look like beautiful subs. But I've also heard of a few people saying they had better experience with 3" coils as opposed to 4". Goin in a tahoe, mechman 260, ofc and 2 94 ah batts. Current setup in my 96 Hoe Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs. Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets) Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front. Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's Alt - Singer 330A Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets
pa-pa-platypus Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 should be a good pairing... i've had both the hdc3's and 4's.. much prefer the 4's This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned 151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz 153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz power: dd m4
ChevyBoy95 Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 ok.... 1. you might want more power..... like 3000-3500 per sub.... 2. they like big boxes.... i had 2 15's in 10.5 cubes and they ate up a 7k thermally [didnt get warm... ever], and mechanically were stable but at max excursion Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
JesseyMclame Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 Well my goal is to do a 50 sealed up, and have badass daily woofers. I think I would be able to meet my goals with them right ? If I get them, it would just give me headroom to upgrade amp wise, if i needed to. But of course box is a big role, and I do have the room to do 2 18s. Current setup in my 96 Hoe Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs. Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets) Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front. Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's Alt - Singer 330A Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets
AMI CUSTOMS Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 Yes you won't be disappointed, great subs. I have had both 3s and 4s, I also prefer the 4s, but they both work great. Alot depends on enclosure but a 150 sealed is highly doable. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
JesseyMclame Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 Yes you won't be disappointed, great subs. I have had both 3s and 4s, I also prefer the 4s, but they both work great. Alot depends on enclosure but a 150 sealed is highly doable. Super glad you chimed in ! So they seem like solid daily subs. I mean I'm gonna add some more batts down the road, but should I worry much about not having enough power for them ?Edit; I also am sure it's gonna blow my last setup out of the water lmao. 1 lvl 5 on 2k doing a 43.1.... haha. What would you recommend as far as box size and tuning ? I listen to a lot of decaf and rap so I was thinking 32-35 tuning wise? Current setup in my 96 Hoe Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs. Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets) Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front. Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's Alt - Singer 330A Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets
Seymore Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 Tune to 32hz and give each sub atleast 6 cuft net(manufacturer's specs) but I'd shoot for 7-8 cuft if you can fit it.I love all of SQ's products, you'll be more than satisfied. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.