DIONYSUS'S 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer slow BUDGET build! Update! 18" DC lvl 6 pic!!!

tuned in for this, i got an 04 and im getting ready to do a build in it

Thanks bro! Progress on the build will resume soon now that's its gettin nice enough to work outside! Need to build a new box but I'm unsure if I will or if ill just save up a lil more and sell this sub and get my 18"! I'm only running at 2ohm cause this L5 is a d4, it sounds nice at 2ohm but I can't wait to unleash this amp and run at 1 ohm!!

So a friend of mine gave me a ton of black vinyl he had left over from a project that I'm going to use to wrap my door panels, A pillars, B pillars, C pillars, center console, dash and whatnot, but the last time I did this was yearsssss ago I was helping my friend do his so to say the least ill be a lil rusty lol! But I need help, what spray adhesive u I get!? All I remember from that time was that it was made by 3M but they make like a million sprayd

That's a lot of glueing and a lot of opportunity for spray can glues to fail. You'd be much better off buying a cheap bottom feeder and a gallon of Weldwood landau top and trim adhesive.

The stuff in buzz bombs doesn't do well at all under vinyl and I would hate to see you spend all that time and effort applying something that's just going to start peeling off the first time it gets really cold or really hot in your car.

Oh and... I'll show you how to use it when you come work in the shop as an indentured servant for two weeks. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

That's a lot of glueing and a lot of opportunity for spray can glues to fail. You'd be much better off buying a cheap bottom feeder and a gallon of Weldwood landau top and trim adhesive.

The stuff in buzz bombs doesn't do well at all under vinyl and I would hate to see you spend all that time and effort applying something that's just going to start peeling off the first time it gets really cold or really hot in your car.

Oh and... I'll show you how to use it when you come work in the shop as an indentured servant for two weeks. :-)

Hell yeah bro that's for the knowledge! You've saved me so much drama on my build! Good lookin out bro!!! And I'm Dow to work ANYtime!!! :)

Like this? It says its sprayable but can I brush it on out of the gallon?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221368312928?nav=SEARCH

I'd love to apprentice a week or two under you!! Hell if you need to hire a temp extra hand ever if you get super busy ill take the job! Ill jus catch a greyhound cause my explorer would KILL me in gas lol!!! :)

Yeah, that's the stuff. And you can brush it on but it's very hard to get an even layer of material with a brush. If you simply cannot spay it, use a small foam roller to apply it. That way you'll be able to get a more even spread. You don't want to put contact cement on thick. It needs to be a thin layer on each surface.

I don't have a compressor or sprayer, does the company sell like some sort of a "one time, or disposable" sprayer? I'd feel more confident and comfortable spraying rather than brushing personally. Damn I'm getting so ancy to start working again on my build! Works been SLOW but I just picked up a couple bigger contracts, just wont get paid till I finish them so I been working like crazy cause I NEED to build!!!! I'm having withdrawals and getting the shakes from not building!!! LOL!!!

Never heard of a disposable spray gun, save those plastic hopper guns used for drywall repair.

Never heard of a disposable spray gun, save those plastic hopper guns used for drywall repair.

Lol I never have heard of one either but didn't know if somethin like that was so figured I'd ask!

• 2 months later...

LOL I'm resurrecting my build log for a couple small updates!!! Sorry for the MAJOR delay in progress, Hey, I'm a working musician, it has its financial ups and downs so I do what I can as I can! I just ordered the rest of the 1/0 sky high to be able to hook up my Sundown SAX 100.4 FINALLY!!! I Also got the rest of my sky high 8g speaker wire for my temp sub. They should be here between the 15th and 17th sky high said, so I'm guessing 15th or 16th knowing them :)

Also I am blacking out my back cargo are side windows because you can see TOO much inside even with the 15% privacy glass! ....hmmmmm, what else.....I guess nothing else right now, Oh doing my bypass for my head unit also, well that will be my week! :) I can't wait to to something on my ride FINALLY!!! Oh shit I also got a flat tire friday so tmr I'm dropping my ride off to get that fixe, lol exciting huh! lololol! Thanks for checkin in on my log and Ill be updating it with these things all week!

I'm hoping to be selling my kicker L5 soon even if I can only buy half the subwoofer/s I need with what I get from that....Thats cool! OH YEAH, I'M STILL LOVINGGGGG MY CT1400!!!

Archived