daignosing engine noise in speakers.

ok i asked for help before on this topic. i am getting engine noise out of the ct sounds 60.4, i unhooked the sub amp and upgraded alternator wire from the battery and still have the noise.then i tired disconnecting the rca's for the sub and the remote wire for it as well. i still have the noise. the ground wire on the 60.4 is as short as it can be.

here i a a little map of how my wires are hooked up. if it is hard to explain i can help.

IMG_20140228_182211_545_zpswmzxsoq6.jpg

the remote wires are 14 gauge for the hifonics brutus br1700.1d and 12 guage for the ct sounds 60.4. they are ran together wrapped in wire loom.

the rca's are audio technix for the 60.4 and schohe for the hifonics. they too are ran together and wrapped in wire loom. there is about 6 inches between the remote wire and the rca's.

the power and ground wires on the hifonics are sky high car audio 0 gauge cca as well the big three upgrade.

the power and ground wires on the ct sounds 60.4 is elite audio 4 guage i am not sure if it is cca or ofc.

the 4 guage and 0 guage run side by side in the car through the bulk head. then after they enter the car the 0 gauge guys back the driveside to the hifonics. then the 4 gauge goes around the bulk head to under the passanger seat for the ct sounds. the 4 gauge crosses under the speaker wires and remote wire.

if you guys need any more help understanding my setup let me know.

thank you for your help

where are your amps grounded to?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

ouch. ground to shock tower or frame. frame if the car has one. get a wire wheel and take it down to metal and put dielectric grease on the connection and you should be good to go.

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

ya also make sure rcas and power are on opposites sides of the car that can induce noise into your system.

definitely sounds like your amp grounds. try regrounding those first

Archived