How to make songs louder!

/When I amplify and preview it sounds the same. Will it be different on my ipod in my truck? I also dont know how sensitive the tuning is, do you have any hints?

Here's your problem, the ipod. Some devices play louder than others using the same song file. Play the file from the laptop (iTunes) and have it connected like you would your ipod and see if it's louder. If so, then the maximum volume of your ipod, and some phones, is lower than the maximum volume your laptop can put out.

As far as clipping and "boosting" tracks in Audacity, elements like hi-hats and drums will often get their sounds clipped when above the maximum allowed volume for the song, and will have it's sound altered or capped or "levelled" off at the maximum. So for sound clarity it's better to have the Amplitude set to 0 so none of the audio gets clipped (even when some production cds may show clipped sounds).

Most of us (I would hope for best possible SQ besides optical ect...) use a USB connection or CD which has no volume control its just the raw file and HU processing if not try it

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived