How to make songs louder!

Exactly what it says. In iTunes I can select any song and go to options and turn up the volume. I was wondering if there is a way maybe on a different program to make them even louder than iTunes allows me to do. Can this be done? If so how?

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

Well.. if you open any song in Audacity (a free audio editor) you can manually increase the gain of the song.
There is a limit though, and if you increase the level further than the limit then you will clip the song. Audacity will show you clipping and you can use several helpfull tools to slow your songs down, add bass, etc ;)

Get a more powerful amp rather than mess with the audio file.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

As SterTheDer stated. you can edited your music. I asked this question a while back. Problem is not all the recording studio's or cd printers coming to together on a prefered setting for all.

Let me answer your question with another question: Why do you want them louder?

I think you chimed in when I asked about some CD's not being as loud as others. I can't find that thread now.

Well.. if you open any song in Audacity (a free audio editor) you can manually increase the gain of the song.

There is a limit though, and if you increase the level further than the limit then you will clip the song. Audacity will show you clipping and you can use several helpfull tools to slow your songs down, add bass, etc ;)

Thanks! I will give it a try

Get a more powerful amp rather than mess with the audio file.

Bro, I know my sig is all screwed (im gonna fix it right now) but if you sort thru the code and see my silverado you will see its not a baby system. I have 4500wrms total and 3300wrms on the highs alone. I have Plenty of power and 36 speakers total. There are some songs on any system louder then others and the ones I want louder are the quieter ones.

^^^^^ some are louder then others and I want the quiet ones louder :wacky:

(I dont know why the quote isnt working right on the last one)

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

So it's less about making them louder than it is about making them all at the same volume?

Look into a program called ReplayGain

I cant find the control panel to change my sig, can someone help?

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

So it's less about making them louder than it is about making them all at the same volume?

Look into a program called ReplayGain

Pretty much but I want songslike save me from remy zero to be as loud as normal songs if not even louder

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Archived