Sundown Audio

Soundqubed

ModestDb

I'm thinking about getting another quality amp to give a whirl on my single 15" sub. I don't NEED another amp...I just like trying different things when I keep hearing good things about them.

Every corner of the Internet leads me back to "Soundqubed 2200 is your best bang for your buck with quality in mind".

So I'm going to pull the trigger on Soundqubed name finally. The question is...1200 or 2200 for a 1500 to 1700 rms subwoofer? Can't say the name of the sub brand because I don't want this to be a vs thread.

On one hand it's just a chance to sample a product just for the sake of doing it so do I want to spend extra for the 2200?

On the other hand it's money I won't miss if I blow it (the money not the amp lol). Plus it's not really a scenario where I'm trying to see what my sub can do. I know what it's capable of. I'm interested in what these amps are capable of.

So what's more of a wow factor:

"Oh wow I can't believe this little 1200 is pushing my sub this well"!

OR

"Holy mother funkin sheeit I can't believe how nuts this 2200 is declaring war on my single 15"?

What would you do?

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

Two 2200s. If the sub is rated ~1700rms it can take a shit ton of abuse. Or at least, it should be able to.

Running a sub on less than rms is pure, unadulterated blasphemy and no self respecting basshead would ever be seen in public doing such an unspeakable act to a good subwoofer. :Jim:

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Well i thing using two 2200's would be over kill. I would just use one 200. If you think your pushing to much power you can always turn the gain down. And you will still have more power in the future when needed.

truthsayer

I'm going to order the 2200 hopefully tonight when I get home. I'll post a review of it when it comes in and I try it.

Anyone want to recommend a good wiring kit? I usually purchase everything separate but I don't mind trying a kit if it's going to be quality.

I'm going to order the 2200 hopefully tonight when I get home. I'll post a review of it when it comes in and I try it.

Anyone want to recommend a good wiring kit? I usually purchase everything separate but I don't mind trying a kit if it's going to be quality.

If you've bought shit separate in the past, then you know what to order.. right? For the price and quality, you might want to consider SkyHighCarAudio wire/fuses.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Yeah I know what to order separately but I'm not as familiar with brands when it comes to actual kits so I thought I might try one this time.

Archived