would you rather different focal set ups....

Agreene

now im not by any mean trying to win a sq competition, just looking to get something crisp clear and sound good. tired of pro audio.. don't even mention super tweeters..

keep in mind I will have no sub stage so what do think is the better way to go.

I came up with 2 options here

option 1

focal access 165A1 components

and
focal access 165 Ca1 coaxials

option 2

just the focal access 165 A3 3 way component set.

or option 3

fuck this and suggestion something else in this general pricing or cheaper

running passive for either setup. if I could get my hands on a rf 360.3 or something along that lines I would go active. passive for now

ps, im quite positive this is not a versus thread, same company and pretty same speakers.

with no sub, I would think a three way would help. It would take the mid out and would be less the speaker would have to try and do, resulting in a better bottom end.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

with no sub, I would think a three way would help. It would take the mid out and would be less the speaker would have to try and do, resulting in a better bottom end.

I totally agree and had that into consideration although I dont think I would wan to glass my a pillars for the 4 inchmid and tweets to get the true staging you would want with the 3 way. Do you think it would be a big loss in mounting the woofer and mid in the door and tweet in the factory a pillar

if you can, seal your doors good, midbass in door, mid and tweet in kick, or mid in kick, tweet in a-pillar

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

What kind of vehicle are we talking about here ???

Is your vehicle set up for a 3 way component set or are you planning a panel build ???

are you planning to use factory locations ???

EVERYTHING starts out with your tweeter installation ... everything else caters to the positioning of the tweeters to where everything sounds good to either the driver, the passenger, or both ...

Pics of intended driver locations would help ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

What kind of vehicle are we talking about here ???

Is your vehicle set up for a 3 way component set or are you planning a panel build ???

are you planning to use factory locations ???

EVERYTHING starts out with your tweeter installation ... everything else caters to the positioning of the tweeters to where everything sounds good to either the driver, the passenger, or both ...

Pics of intended driver locations would help ...

okay so, staring off i already have my door panels glassed, consisting of 2 6.5 speaker cut outs. i then have my factory tweeter location which is not in the A pillar it is in the top corner close to the A pillar. i can mod the one 6.5 cut out for the 4 inch mid, but then it wouldn't give me the staging of a 3 way like it supposed to be used. thoughts of what i could do.

Archived