calculating ah

is there a method in figuring out how much battery capacity you need per wattage rms. i have a build in plans and im working on getting everything together.

2 re destroyers with tantric soft parts 3.5-4k rms ea "from murphy" d2

amp is still up in the air may go with a taramps hd8k 2ohm model 8-9k rms. im looking at around 7-8.6k rms worth of power in this car.

plans are stinger alt 180 @ idle 340 max

2 runs + - of shca 2/0 from front to rear battery bank.

im going to have to cut out my spare tire well and build a battery box to be able to house the batteries i need. wich is what im trying to calculate. would 400 ah worth of batteries be ok or should i go for 600 in the rear battery bank.

found these.

http://www.wholesalebatteriesdirect.com/long-life-high-max-rate-ups-batteries/73205-ups12-400mr-max-rate-ups-battery-for-northstar-nsb12-400-nsb-12-400.html

depending on cap price i also plan to run a bank of caps. probably 2 banks on each side of the trunk because of fitment issues. 300 ish farad ea bank somewhere in the 600 farad of maxwell caps.

longest run from amp to cap bank would be 2 feet max then from cap bank to battery bank about the same.

my goal is daily beat the streets with minimal to no voltage drop. am i atleast somewhere in the ballpark with my electrical plans here?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I don't see an issue with 400aH of batts.. with that alt.. Based on my mathematical estimation and looking at builds on here..

Hopefully some bigger guys chime in who actually have personal experience.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

i may go with 6 of those batteries just to have the 600ah. the stock alt will be used untill i get the motor rebuilt. im hoping this summer to completly shell the car do all my body work build the battery banke and what not. but depending on if the motor needs to be bored out or not. idk what the wait at a shop will be. so i may out source a block for the time being to be bored, during that time rock the stock 60-90 amp alt. lol i wana add a charger wired direct to the rear battery bank with the plug out the gas tank door. so i can plug it in at night

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

anyone else have any input on if 400ah would be enough or if i should shoot for the 600

More alt

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

i dont think i can get any bigger alt then that. as far as the 2 runs. the double for the ground may not be needed but from the alt because of the amount of curreny im going to be drawing. upwards of 7-800 amps

Archived