Yet Another Ground Loop Issue

Okay so I've been having a ground loop issue currently without any amps. Just a headunit and an Android Nexus 7 in the dash. The HU has been relocated to the trunk by splicing from the power/switched leads on the harness and ran to the trunk and then body grounded to back there. Then a 15ft 3.5mm mini RCA ran to the HU for source.

If I run the tablet without power, everything is crystal clear no issues, but the moment I connect power via the cigarette lighter (switched) I get an awful high pitches whine.

I have regrounded the cigarette lighter, the headunit, ran a lead from front to back to share common ground, still get the whine once power is plugged into the tablet. Tried both cigarette lighter sockets(both switched), tried multiple 3.5mm cables, and chargers. Same whine/noise is present over multiple phones and tablets as well.

When the headunit was in it's original location, I never had any issue with noise hooking up phones/tablets to source. Could 15ft over 16ga wire be too long? Do I need to find another way to do the headunit relo?

Any ideas or things to research would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

my brother had the same thing in his truck but it was with a phone charger once he plug the phone to charge it made a weird sound I gave him my charger it stop

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

my brother had the same thing in his truck but it was with a phone charger once he plug the phone to charge it made a weird sound I gave him my charger it stop

I wish it was that easy for me! lol. I've replaced the phone charger at least 5 times at this point!

Are you using a power inverter? I had this happen in my 03 lancer when I had a ps2 on a power inverter switched it to a different one and it was ok. Could u try a different power adapter plug?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

What happens if you hard wire ir

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Are you using a power inverter? I had this happen in my 03 lancer when I had a ps2 on a power inverter switched it to a different one and it was ok. Could u try a different power adapter plug?

Nope, no inverter. Tried multiple plugs.

What happens if you hard wire ir

Hard wire what exactly? Like instead of switched to constant?

Archived