99blazer Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 im needing help on a box im building for my f150. im going to be using a sq hdc4 12 on a aq 2200. my deminsions are 24d 14w 23h. any help is appreciated. 08 Ford F150
agf144 Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 would need more info like sub up port up? slot or aero ported? Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
hdorre Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 Question.. Why an HDC4? Do you plan on getting more power in the future? You might want to save money, and get "lower" model. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
timc31610 Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 What style truck, extended or supercrew? That info will help when determining sub and port placement. When you upgrade the amp to fully power that sub i'll buy the 2200...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Seymore Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 What style truck, extended or supercrew? That info will help when determining sub and port placement. When you upgrade the amp to fully power that sub i'll buy the 2200...lol The AQ @ 1 ohm can put out 2200w rms the HDC412 D2 can take 2000w rms. Not really getting where you're coming from... 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
99blazer Posted March 5, 2014 Author Report Posted March 5, 2014 ittl need to be sub up port up. and I am imagining it will need bracing due to the sub weighing 64lbs. I would love to upgrade in the future but I don't have the room unless I remove the whole back seat. and I want to keep where I can haul people around. with these measurements I have provided, it will slide in where the captain seat folds up. The amp is perfect for the sub. soundqubed even recommends using a sq2200 with an hdc3 model which is only rated at 1500w. so the amp would accommodate the hdc4 quite nicely. 08 Ford F150
CleanSierra Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 The HDC4 can take much more than a 2200. I would put a 2200 on an HDC3 all day everyday. I honestly think you'll be underpowered. It takes a 3500 to wake it up. I won't tell you shoot some guy I know that put blah blah blah power to his, but I've seen then take MUCH more power than they're rated at. It's a stiff sub with a 4" coil. I mean REALLY stiff. The HDC3s I just reconed are hard to push down with your hands. The HDC4s are even beefier. The box you'll want will be on the large side of recommended. I'd try 2.5-3 cubes with around 40-50" of port area Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
99blazer Posted March 5, 2014 Author Report Posted March 5, 2014 well im using my old equipment cause i just bought this truck and im broke as hell now. but 8 cubes for 1 12 seems a lil too big. but those are my absolute max deminsion unless i take my whole back seat out 08 Ford F150
CleanSierra Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 Oh Jesus, was it a 12? Holy crap I'm SORRY. I serially thought I saw 18". Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
99blazer Posted March 5, 2014 Author Report Posted March 5, 2014 lol yea. i had 2 hdc3 18s in my blazer but sadly i cant putem.in my truck. 08 Ford F150
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.