Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Hardware or Silicone speaker wire through enclosure?


JEFFYBOI

Recommended Posts

Posted

So my box is almost done, now I just have to decide how I want to run my speaker wire. Any pros or cons on running hardware with terminal rings. Or I thought about running the wire through a hole and silicone it up real nice. I thought the hardware is gonna looks a lot nicer but I took into consideration less connection points = less chance of having any issues.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

wire to wire, it doesn't get any better than that

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

Resistance is a negative of using terminals.. That and possibly not getting all the wire in (as most of them are smaller).

Drill a hole thats JUST BARELY big enough for the wire, and use Titebond 2 to seal.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

These are what I was use if you are going to push significant power: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-bpa-38g-hd-binding-post-pair-gold--091-1245

You can solder or crimp a ring terminal to the wire and attach it to the part that goes on the inside. The outside part will take up to 8 gauge wire and they tighten down real snug.

Running the wire through and sealing up the hole will work fine, or course. Its just not as pretty. I'm going to disagree with hdorre and suggest you do not use Titebond II to seal around the wire. I would use silicone. The reason being that Titebond II dries pretty hard and will not stick to the wire at all. Over time it is going to come loose.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2853 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...