OrionStang Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 So as I understand it, the GI Bill will continue to pay benefits until the end of the semester, if your benefits exhaust before semesters end. However, I am in an accelerated program, where I take one class at a time, with 16 weeks of material crammed into 6 weeks. My current benefits will take me through July 2014 (4 courses of the 12 needed). Since there are no "semesters" will the VA continue to pay for my degree program? I am set to graduate in June of 2015. I don't want to get loans, but I do want to get this degree. Each course is over $2k, just FYI. And before anyone says to call the VA, I will. But I don't feel like spending half of my Friday afternoon on hold, so looking to see if anyone has any knowledge on this. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
n8ball2013 Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 after dealing with the VA and realizing I'm going to be in a similar situation, Calling them won't get you far. You'll end up with ten answers from ten people. I started taking my hosuing stipend and setting it aside so if it comes down to it I can finsih my masters that way. You know the VA will try to dick you as soon as possible. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
OrionStang Posted March 8, 2014 Author Report Posted March 8, 2014 Yeah N8, I know they are all about doing the minimum possible as mandated by law LOL. Was just curious if anyone has been in this situation, and if so, how it was handled. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Kevin M Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 A few of the guys in my class are using their post 9/¹¹ benefits to go to school. I'll ask them about it Monday. N8 is right about the va. They will screw you over if they can. It seems like it is allot harder to get benefits than it was when I got out 15 years ago. You can have them call you back instead of waiting but that service isn't always reliable either. Loans aren't the end of the world. As long as you take a certain amount of credit hours you won't have pay it back until you stop. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.