Sonic Electronix

Upgrading amps, how to wire it in with second battery?

I'm running 2 bats. one up front one in rear. i have the rear battery grounded to the frame. i have my amp grounded to the rear battery. but i have a double run of 0g for the ground of my rear battery. i figured if the battery needs a ground And the amp needs a ground why only run one? so my rear battery has 2 grounds 2.5ft in length aprox 8inches from each other. i actually saw .2 less of a voltage drop by doing this.(on heaviest drop) i seen a video where running your amps ground all the way back to the battery is allot worse for you. just my 2cents

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Im not saying that this is best, but this is my setup.. and it holds voltage very well

1 batt under the hood, 1 batt in the trunk

the two batts are connected with 1/0 ofc wire. I did both, pos and neg runs. I did another ground in the front (part of big 3) and another in the rear.

Do you have left over wire that you have sitting around? If not, and don't wanna spend a shit load of money.. A proven spot is the strut tower... Just sand

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Ground everything to the frame. if its a good solid clean connection everything is bonded anyways and the frame acts a one big conductor. Don't waste the money on the extra wire. running a ground wire is not necessary. I been in the electrical business for about 10 years.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Ground everything to the frame. if its a good solid clean connection everything is bonded anyways and the frame acts a one big conductor. Don't waste the money on the extra wire. running a ground wire is not necessary. I been in the electrical business for about 10 years.

Awesome a professional opinion, I appreciate everyone's effort in helping me solve this, I'll be sure to post some pics and a video of it all going when I'm done!

Im not saying that this is best, but this is my setup.. and it holds voltage very well

1 batt under the hood, 1 batt in the trunk

the two batts are connected with 1/0 ofc wire. I did both, pos and neg runs. I did another ground in the front (part of big 3) and another in the rear.

Do you have left over wire that you have sitting around? If not, and don't wanna spend a shit load of money.. A proven spot is the strut tower... Just sand

So far all other wiring is done and all connections are sanded and sealed with battery terminal grease to prevent any corrosion to the big 3 as well as all other grounds in the car, and really if I tried to do it on what I've already bought it would be really tight and I might not make it by like a foot so I was trying to kind of avoid it if it where overkill.

Archived