Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

What roll on bedliner / Paint are you guys using ? I know rustolem makes a textured spray paint and probably be cheaper then bed liner, but would it last . Built the box out of birch if it matters.....What would you use Paint or bed liner ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Posted

Im going to do my wall with a coating like this.

At AUTORAMA, most the big boys, had all their loading walls, door panels, dashes, head liners and shit done with a spray on truck bed type coating. I like it.

Im going with a SEM kit. Same kit Meade used on the Honda.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/sem-products-inc/department/paints-finishing/part-type/bedliner-coatings

Posted

Did you have to add primer, or just spray it right on...Hows it holding up ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Posted

I think the roll on type would be a thicker. I've used a rattle can before and it does seem durable, but I think this stuff is nice and thick.

They carry this at Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/truck-bed-coating-spray-1-gal-black-60778.html#.Uxtai_ldVK0

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Did that stuff add alot of weight to the box

Not at all...

Thanks. My current box has fiberglass coating on the inside and that didn't make it seem heavier. I never used the bedliner so I was curious.

Posted

Im going to do my wall with a coating like this.

At AUTORAMA, most the big boys, had all their loading walls, door panels, dashes, head liners and shit done with a spray on truck bed type coating. I like it.

Im going with a SEM kit. Same kit Meade used on the Honda.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/sem-products-inc/department/paints-finishing/part-type/bedliner-coatings

Do you know if this stuff has a hard texture, or like a soft rubber felling to it ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Posted

Im going to do my wall with a coating like this.

At AUTORAMA, most the big boys, had all their loading walls, door panels, dashes, head liners and shit done with a spray on truck bed type coating. I like it.

Im going with a SEM kit. Same kit Meade used on the Honda.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/sem-products-inc/department/paints-finishing/part-type/bedliner-coatings

Do you know if this stuff has a hard texture, or like a soft rubber felling to it ?

not sure, im ordering my kit today. I figure for a 130 bones, ill see what happens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3024 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...