TS2GFrank Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 Does anyone have a ported box design for two Sundown E-10s. I've been trying to design one using Torres but I really can't get the port right for the tuning. I'm trying to do 31-35hz and around 3.5-4.5 cubes. This will be the first box I've built myself. Here's what I have so far with Torres, I need the port dimensions also though because when I buy the wood I'm also going to get in cut instead of cutting it myself.
kicker8940 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 Does anyone have a ported box design for two Sundown E-10s. I've been trying to design one using Torres but I really can't get the port right for the tuning. I'm trying to do 31-35hz and around 3.5-4.5 cubes. This will be the first box I've built myself. Here's what I have so far with Torres, I need the port dimensions also though because when I buy the wood I'm also going to get in cut instead of cutting it myself. How are you going to mount your subs firing up or back,and where do you want to put the port in the middle,on one side,on the bottom? And according to Sundown you only need 1-1.25cuft net per sub.
TS2GFrank Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 Subs firing back, port firing back, slot port in the middle
Seymore Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 oversized boxes & subsonic ftw 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Joe X Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 The above will work, trying to do a larger net volume: NOTES: good up to subs rated power / amp subsonic filter to 28Hz.
PortSideAudio Posted March 10, 2014 Report Posted March 10, 2014 Here just a little food for thought. In all the high end builds I do for people, I actually do a dual port for dual sub boxes and put a dividing wall in the middle (basically it is two separate boxes that looks like one big dual ported box). I'm personally always more satisfied with the way these boxes sound. The only downside is that it uses up more MDF and it make the box just slightly bigger (.75 - 1.5" wider) 2002 Toyota Corolla Pioneer DEH-80PRS Soundqubed Q1-2200d Soundqubed HDC3.118 Soundqubed Q4-120 Alpine SPR-60 Alpine SPR-60C
kicker8940 Posted March 10, 2014 Report Posted March 10, 2014 Here just a little food for thought. In all the high end builds I do for people, I actually do a dual port for dual sub boxes and put a dividing wall in the middle (basically it is two separate boxes that looks like one big dual ported box). I'm personally always more satisfied with the way these boxes sound. The only downside is that it uses up more MDF and it make the box just slightly bigger (.75 - 1.5" wider) I just recently built myself a box like that,i kinda like that to. Also i've heard that if the subs share a common chamber (mainly 2 subs) and something happens to one of the subs and it quits playing,then suddenly the box is to big for the other sub and then can damage that one.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.