Second Skin Audio

Dual E10 Ported Box

TS2GFrank

Does anyone have a ported box design for two Sundown E-10s. I've been trying to design one using Torres but I really can't get the port right for the tuning. I'm trying to do 31-35hz and around 3.5-4.5 cubes. This will be the first box I've built myself. Here's what I have so far with Torres, I need the port dimensions also though because when I buy the wood I'm also going to get in cut instead of cutting it myself.

KatBox_zps2d9ec7a6.png

Does anyone have a ported box design for two Sundown E-10s. I've been trying to design one using Torres but I really can't get the port right for the tuning. I'm trying to do 31-35hz and around 3.5-4.5 cubes. This will be the first box I've built myself. Here's what I have so far with Torres, I need the port dimensions also though because when I buy the wood I'm also going to get in cut instead of cutting it myself.

KatBox_zps2d9ec7a6.png

How are you going to mount your subs firing up or back,and where do you want to put the port in the middle,on one side,on the bottom?

And according to Sundown you only need 1-1.25cuft net per sub.

oversized boxes & subsonic ftw

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Here just a little food for thought. In all the high end builds I do for people, I actually do a dual port for dual sub boxes and put a dividing wall in the middle (basically it is two separate boxes that looks like one big dual ported box). I'm personally always more satisfied with the way these boxes sound. The only downside is that it uses up more MDF and it make the box just slightly bigger (.75 - 1.5" wider)

2002 Toyota Corolla

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Soundqubed Q1-2200d

Soundqubed HDC3.118

Soundqubed Q4-120

Alpine SPR-60

Alpine SPR-60C

Here just a little food for thought. In all the high end builds I do for people, I actually do a dual port for dual sub boxes and put a dividing wall in the middle (basically it is two separate boxes that looks like one big dual ported box). I'm personally always more satisfied with the way these boxes sound. The only downside is that it uses up more MDF and it make the box just slightly bigger (.75 - 1.5" wider)

I just recently built myself a box like that,i kinda like that to.

Also i've heard that if the subs share a common chamber (mainly 2 subs) and something happens to one of the subs and it quits playing,then suddenly the box is to big for the other sub and then can damage that one.

Archived