Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

looks good for a budget build doors looked awesome as well how does that lil sub sound

if you dont own or drive a customized car/truck/suv you suck lol

So after the interior was all put back together i did one more system test to make sure everything worked and passanger door sounded like shit. I am like...WTF! Arghhhh! Well bro had put passanger side back together and after scratching my head i had asked did you make sure the speaker wires where out of the way before you screwed the door jam kick plate down? I kind got a look like HUH! so after pulling it back off this is what i found.

RangerRFBuild029_zps88233798.jpg

BULLSIGH! Perfect hit. + & - !! Fixed it and he left.

RangerRFBuild030_zpsc8cf8699.jpg

A better pic of it the day he left.

looks good for a budget build doors looked awesome as well how does that lil sub sound

The sub sound really good for a Prime RF dual 2 ohm. The P300.1 puts out 452 watts at 2 ohms so i had to turn the gains down some to not over power it. Subs rated for 200rms & 400 max.

So for a review on the system. I am really surprised how clean and clear it gets. The Punch speakers shine nicely off 85 watts rms each. And the sub really fills in the lows nicely. The HU is fancy but very little EQing or audio adjustment. But even so in that small of a space it really sounds great. I didnt get a chance to play a movie but the touch screen controls are nice and its very easy to navigate thru the options and functions.

Good stuff! love seeing these Ranger installs.

The sound dampener and foam makes a big difference in my Ranger, i'm glad i that to mine.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Budget Break down:

Pioneer HU $370 MSRP $500

2 Sets of RF P683 $125

RF PBR300x4 $193 (Bought in 2011)

RF 300x1 $119

Dash kit $20

Sound deadner & foam $100

Incedentals $50

Total on build = $977.00

This is cash out of pocket to pay for install. I had the 10 gauge kit and 4 gauge wiring plus RCAs and any other contection. Space is such a factor i couldnt even find a good location to mount the Kenetic HC600 for a little extra juice. His stock battery that came with the truck 5 yrs ago is shot and he needs a new one. Hopefully he will get something good. I suggested a good amg battery but we'll see what he gets.

Really fun little build and would love to do more like this. Sound quality is great for what i used for equipment, amps really perform well and sound clean doing it. I hope you enjoyed looking at my little project. Had i had the time i would have done more. This build was a trade in labor. My brothers a jeweler and is building me a wedding ring for the soon to be wife so it was a great trade. And fun to build.

Good stuff! love seeing these Ranger installs.

The sound dampener and foam makes a big difference in my Ranger, i'm glad i that to mine.

Ya its a pretty easy way to take lower quality speakers to sound like higher quality equipment and make high end equipment shine to there fullest. Sound deadening is fun to do know how well the out come will be. Thanks for looking and your input.

Looks good man!

Head Unit: Kenwood excelon KDC-X797

Subs: 2 Fi sp4's with PSI recones dual 1.4's in a wall.

Sub amp: 2 DC 3.5k's strapped at .7

Mids: 2 punch pro 10's 6 punch pro 8's

Tweeters: 4 Fosgate Neo's (pp4-nt)

Mids amp: Fosgate T1000-4ad

Tweeter amp: punch 400-2

Wall: 9 cubes tuned to 31.5 triple layer birch al the way around plus 2x4's

Alt: mechman 240

Wire: all sky high OFC 2/0, 4, 12

Batteries: 1 XS d3400 under the hood and 5 kinetic 2400's with toolmaker buss bars in the trunk

Extras: epic lighting LEDs sound deader for days, fiberglassed pods 150+ sealed

Archived