Second Skin Audio

1 sub doesn't play lows. **video pg 2** issue solved.

To answer if one coil can blow, yes it can. The coils are completely independent of each other.

You pretty much have to order a whole new recone to fix a blown coil, but at least you don't have to buy a new motor and basket too!

Live and learn, watch those gains haha.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I don't think it was a gain issue Krakin. I think had it been a gain issue, the lead would have cooked. If it as from running below 1 ohm impedance, on a Korean amp(as Fi found out), the leads would have microwaved. My guess, since you said that it appears to just be snapped or broken, is playing below tuning. You did mention that you knew where mechanical noise came into effect with your box, around 24 Hz?

Since you are familiar with this spot, I'd say you pushed the sub further than the box could mechanically control a few too many times. It happens, but a recone Abbs get it fixed or sell and get something else.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I didn't watch the video, so that's my bad.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I didn't the video either, I'm purely going by what I read as a description of the problem that was found.

Actually, he did mention that it looked "shorted", so I'm not sure it was a mechanical issue. If there fry marks, it could have been something else.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived